NARA's Captured German Records at Reasonable Prices

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
MLW

NARA's Captured German Records at Reasonable Prices

Post by MLW » 22 Jun 2014, 20:33

As many of us know, NARA's microfilmed collection of captured WWII German records is a trove of information. However, purchasing a digitized roll of microfilm from NARA is expensive (either $125 domestic US, or $135 International). This is especially expensive if you want just a few pages from a roll. Furthermore, it can take six weeks or more to get a DVD from NARA.

A colleague and I have decided to offer a quick and inexpensive alternative to buying an entire roll of microfilm from NARA. Our service is as follows:

• We photograph images of the documents as viewed on the screen of the microfilm reader. The photographs are not cropped or edited.
Image quality is sufficient for easy reading of the documents. With Photoshop or Microsoft Office Picture Manager the images can be easily cropped and enhanced yourself.
• Cost is a flat fee - $.25 a photo with a minimum order of $25.
• The cost does not include extensive research to find files on the microfilm rolls, so you must know what microfilm rolls and frames you want. In-depth research to find documents costs extra.
• We will quickly deliver the images via an ftp service.

This is a quick and inexpensive way to get small batches of images of the captured WWII German records. Please see the attached low resolution samples.

For more information please email me at [email protected]

Regards,
Marc
http://www.digitalhistoryarchive.com
Attachments
Low-res Sample 6.jpg
Low-res Sample 5.jpg
Low-res Sample 2.jpg

athirsizi

Re: NARA's Captured German Records at Reasonable Prices

Post by athirsizi » 25 Jan 2015, 02:33

Hello !

Well, I tried this service and everything was perfect!

Somehow it was exactly the thing I needed:
Originally I had bought two NARA-Rolls to cover the military time of my grandfather with
the "Ia War Diary" of his division. Later I wanted to know how many soldiers actually died
there each day and found out that these numbers can be found in the "IIa Report" which was
on a different roll. As this "IIa Report" was less than 50 pages long and the rest of the
roll was just a summery of "incoming reports" (mostly that´s handwritten stuff and hardly
readable) buying the whole role did not make sense for me, so I asked Marc.

to sum it up:
good communication, fast service, perfect quality, no problems.

(I have to admit that all this may sound a bit like a commercial on television, but
sometimes things in life really work without problems and Marc did me a big favour to get
this statistical numbers - thanks again)

Greets from Germany

Return to “Archives”