US Army Evaluations of German & Japanese uniforms and soldier equipment

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
MLW

US Army Evaluations of German & Japanese uniforms and soldier equipment

Post by MLW » 12 Jun 2015, 14:37

While at NARA, I recently came across several boxes of US Army technical evaluations of German and Japanese uniforms and individual soldier equipment. The information in the files is very detailed, but it will be a large scanning project and I am not sure if it is worth the effort. Are these documents interesting to anyone? Any replies are welcome.

I have attached a few low-resolution photos of the collection.

Regards,
Marc
http://www.digitalhistoryarchive.com
Attachments
0005.jpg
0004.jpg
0003.jpg
0002.jpg
0001.jpg

Mangrove

Re: US Army Evaluations of German & Japanese uniforms and soldier equipment

Post by Mangrove » 12 Jun 2015, 19:19

Any material similar to the first document you posted is of great interest to me. Similar fabric and clothing cut comparisons between Finnish, German, British and American uniforms exist in Finnish archives, but not in that extent. Are there any tailoring patterns in the material in question or merely photographs of the items?

Mori

Post by Mori » 12 Jun 2015, 20:42

I'm sure you'll find people dreaming of such material. I'm not of them (really not), but the audience for Osprey-uniforms will certainly be ready to pay quite some money for that.

Total size of the material is... 1000 pages or so? It'd take 3-4h to photograph.

MLW

Post by MLW » 12 Jun 2015, 23:27

There are perhaps as many as ten boxes of files. I prefer to scan the documents and the photos to get better legibility and quality. I also crop the images so that they are pleasant and easy to read.

The files contain photos and in the case of some Japanese equipment, real cloth samples. There are also lots of photos an some nifty tidbits of information such as the date and place the uniforms and equipment were captured.

Regards,
Marc

Return to “Archives”