Status of Leni Riefenstahl's Archives

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
kjohansson

Status of Leni Riefenstahl's Archives

Post by kjohansson » 13 Aug 2015, 21:09

I am searching for any information pertaining to the private archives of Leni Riefenstahl.

I’ve been sleuthing for some time now with little success. I do know that before her death, Riefenstahl occasionally permitted supervised access to her personal archives at her home in Pöcking, Bavaria, and that after her death, her estate passed to her long-time partner Horst Kettner.

I have not, however, been able to determine the current status of Riefenstahl’s private archives. I would greatly appreciate any information on where they are located, and whether any access is ever permitted to them.

If you don’t have any answers for me, but have any suggestions on better ways to track down this information, I’d be very grateful for that as well!

PS If this isn’t the appropriate thread to post this in – apologies. I’m new to the site!

Reader3000

Re: Status of Leni Riefenstahl's Archives

Post by Reader3000 » 30 Dec 2015, 00:40

There is apparently a company called "Leni-Riefenstahl-Produktion" that has some parts of the archive online on that site: http://www.leni-riefenstahl.de/lr-produktion/
with a person named and contact details. Maybe they know about the private archive, too.

Annelie

Re: Status of Leni Riefenstahl's Archives

Post by Annelie » 04 Jan 2016, 16:55

I do know that before her death, Riefenstahl occasionally permitted supervised access to her personal archives at her home in Pöcking, Bavaria, and that after her death, her estate passed to her long-time partner Horst Kettner.
Just to set the record straight Leni was married

Horst Kettner (22 August 2003 - 8 September 2003) (her death).

Return to “Archives”