Riksakivet in Sweden

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Seppo Jyrkinen

Riksakivet in Sweden

Post by Seppo Jyrkinen » 14 Feb 2016, 09:23

E-mail address lost.

I've been trying to found out information about Isaac Pergament, a Finn, who visited Sweden at December 1942. Liked to know the exact days of his visit. This information is to be found in proceeding papers which were made on border by utlänningskommission's authorities.

I've send two email using e-mail "riksarkivet at riksarkivet.se" but this must be incorrect, because I haven't got any answer. First was already 30. December 2015. I also send e-mail using Lars Hallbergs Riksarkivets e-mail, but he's probably no more working there, at least no answer.

Could somebody kindly tell me an exact e-mail address to utlänningskommission's archive?
A word irony is baked into the word history.

John T

Re: Riksakivet in Sweden

Post by John T » 14 Feb 2016, 11:57

Seppo Jyrkinen wrote:E-mail address lost.

I've been trying to found out information about Isaac Pergament, a Finn, who visited Sweden at December 1942. Liked to know the exact days of his visit. This information is to be found in proceeding papers which were made on border by utlänningskommission's authorities.

I've send two email using e-mail "riksarkivet at riksarkivet.se" but this must be incorrect, because I haven't got any answer. First was already 30. December 2015. I also send e-mail using Lars Hallbergs Riksarkivets e-mail, but he's probably no more working there, at least no answer.

Could somebody kindly tell me an exact e-mail address to utlänningskommission's archive?
May you share the letter you wrote?
I think the problem isn't the email address but how you ordered research according to the pricelist.
Or if the letter simply were seen as spam.

The Search engine available here https://sok.riksarkivet.se

click on "Nationell Arkivdatabas" in the Bar on top

Searching for a specific archive in the tab "Sök arkiv"

"utlänningskommissionen pergament"

there you easily finds two records
Pergament, Kai Perlits, Eva
and
Pentzin, Ebba Pergament, Elias

Me thinks giving them a call might be better as a start, or if possible, walk in and have a chat.

Cheers
/John

Seppo Jyrkinen

Post by Seppo Jyrkinen » 14 Feb 2016, 16:33

John T wrote:The Search engine available here https://sok.riksarkivet.se
/John
Thank you very much for your advice.

I have to study the Riksarkivet's archive system; those two names you gave and I also found out, are not the one I'm looking for. Anyhow Isaac Pergament's name and visit are very much certain.

One possibility naturally is, that Pergament's proceedings is only on paper and not to be found through Internet.

Skarpskytten

Post by Skarpskytten » 14 Feb 2016, 22:13

This is the main entry for Statens utlänningskommission: https://sok.riksarkivet.se/?postid=Arki ... A%2F420393. It is held at Riksarkivet, so you are using the right email. I think you should call them and/or e-mail them again. They are required to answer e-mails! They always answer mine ...

Seppo Jyrkinen

Post by Seppo Jyrkinen » 17 Feb 2016, 17:46

Skarpskytten wrote:They are required to answer e-mails! They always answer mine ...
required - thanks!

Skarpskytten

Post by Skarpskytten » 18 Feb 2016, 20:57

Seppo Jyrkinen wrote:
Skarpskytten wrote:They are required to answer e-mails! They always answer mine ...
required - thanks!
I might add that Riksarkivet is in the midst of a massive reorganization (rebuilding) which migth affect their answering times. (Til october this year you have to pre-order any matieral you want to look at to Krigsarkivet).

Seppo Jyrkinen

Post by Seppo Jyrkinen » 23 Feb 2016, 18:04

Rebuilding an archive is a big operation, I understand that. If that is the reason, the reason should be told. Just forgetting somebody is not polite.

Skarpskytten

Post by Skarpskytten » 24 Feb 2016, 13:37

Seppo Jyrkinen wrote:Rebuilding an archive is a big operation, I understand that. If that is the reason, the reason should be told. Just forgetting somebody is not polite.
I agree. I think you should call them; a phone call is harder to "forget".

Seppo Jyrkinen

Post by Seppo Jyrkinen » 24 Feb 2016, 15:29

I just got a letter (paper!) from Riksarkivet. Lars Hallberg had send me two answers via e-mail, which I hadn't got. Luckily, the third one is the one which tells the Truth!

Now I know that Finnish government had almost a panic to get Jewish refugees to Sweden.

Thank you, Lars.

Return to “Archives”