EK I Recipients

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
deangreen

EK I Recipients

Post by deangreen » 23 Nov 2016, 04:53

I am researching my Great Uncle, Reinhard Kramer, who gave me his WW1 EK II and his WW2 EK I. He was in the 6. Kompanie / Infanterie-Regiment 313 in WW2. Is there a way to find out how he received his EK I? He also belonged to the SA.

Spielhahnjaeger

Re: EK I Recipients

Post by Spielhahnjaeger » 30 Nov 2016, 02:25

Hi - looks like the IR 313 was part of the 246. Infanterie-Division until it was transferred to the 337. Infanterie-Division on 31 December 1941. On 15 Oktober 1942, it was renamed "Grenadier-Regiment 313." Chances are unfortunately slim that you will find specific references to your great-uncle, but occasionally citations can be found in divisional paperwork that is available at NARA II in College Park, MD. Beyond that, you could try reaching out to the Deutsche Dienststelle ( https://www.dd-wast.de/en/home.html ), but apparently should expect a wait time of at least a year before hearing back from them. If you have the corresponding document, you can at least guess the context of the award based on the date of issuance.
Interested in any/all information re: 97. Jäger (Leichte Infanterie) Division, incl. J.R/204, J.R./207, A.R. 81, and especially A.A. 97

Return to “Archives”