Question: Duties of a LN-Flugmelde-Rgt?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
hucks216

Question: Duties of a LN-Flugmelde-Rgt?

Post by hucks216 » 20 Apr 2014, 16:32

Hello all,
Would anyone be able to explain for me please the duties and responsibilities of a Luftnachrichten-Flugmelde-Regiment as the 'make-up' of the German air defence network really isn't my area. I have done a search of this site, Lexikon, WW2.dk and good old Google but unless I am missing something I have not been able to find any clarification (I am also awaiting the arrival of Defending The Reich by David Littlejohn in case it is in there - but it will be a few weeks before that arrives).
What I'd like to know is where in that chain would they be? Were they responsible for initial detection via radar or communications & reporting, continuous reporting of the incoming raid to a higher command or were they responsible as that higher command in coordinating all the in-coming information for their region? Or something different/in-between?
And how would the component Kompanies differ in terms of being a light, medium or heavy unit?

Thank you for any light shed on this subject.

SES
In memoriam

Re: Question: Duties of a LN-Flugmelde-Rgt?

Post by SES » 21 Apr 2014, 18:49

Hi,
This would be one place to start if you can spare a couple of evenings :milwink:
http://www.gyges.dk/the_luftnachrichten_dienst.htm
bregds
SES

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 23 Apr 2014, 12:38

Thank you for the link SES. I will have a read through that over the weekend.

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 23 Apr 2014, 17:15

:milsmile:
bregds
SES

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”