Luftwaffe air attacks against Minsk in June 1941

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
AMVAS

Re: Luftwaffe air attacks against Minsk in June 1941

Post by AMVAS » 22 Sep 2015, 11:26

mirekw wrote:It is very interesting your job/works Alex, such is true. No matter what you think about others, the point is what you can personaly write. And we will see. My jobs of course are mostly in Polish, this is some barriers for you, but I am wonder what you can exactly do in this area, which you are involved? Very much, :-)
I also could write books, but my major occupation is coordination of archival research works in NARA and TsAMO.
In necessity I can try to employ "agents" in other archives :wink:
With such a manner you would enjoy Rezun (Suvorov), Bunich and other so called "Rezunoids"
This is crude demagogy, the facts are important, no any political rethoric!
Solonin are not far from them
Kolomiets is not a good example (owner Frontowaja Ilustracja), a lot of publication about tanks, and armour, some of them good but other not, depends.
I'm speaking about Max himself, not his authors, publishing in FI. Some issues of FI indeed are not too good. But works of Max often are among the most detailed on the subject. Btw, yesterday saw him :D
Isaev, the same several publication, but not so good as Sołonin (his last works), I have both and can compare. He motlywirtes about war on land not in the air.
Disagree with you here..
Lopukhowsky, I do not know him?
some his books

Such serious historical forums are very ofen very nice big and proud circle of self-admiration! I know this from Polish forums, a lot of foams but not many real things. Much people there loved to hear that they are great and fantastic, or ask such smart question "how many wings had Me 109? 2 or 4? Help?".
Nope I mean quite a serious forums, not "mass-media" ones.
When you are some times on these formus you know this very well. Mostly, big waste of time to read them and to write them.
I visits quite a narrow number of historical forums (including my own one :lol: ) which are almost free from what you are speakign about. Or at least I can filter booting from serious information.
You have forgotten to mention the real "master" about this air topics, who have dane fundamental works and who in fact are better then all mentioned above authors like:

Siergiej Abrasov (his air war over Spain), fundamental work.
Mihail Bykov (his books about all Stalin aces plus next one "Alll Stalin's IAPs"
Yuryj Rybin who done also many interesting works about air war in the North (including a book in English).
I can't read everything. Some works like those about Spain or personalities are out of my intrest.
some works like which you mentioned for Rybin are again of quite narrow field of research.

Also remembered two serious authors about air battles
Khazanov and Yakubovich
If Mihail Tymin will edit at last his book about air war in June over Baltics states, this will be also very good book, much more better then all till now edited in Russia. And I think he is the best in the subject of air war in June 1941 over Russia.
I helped MishaT in his work :D But in quite a narrow field...
hope it will become an interesting work
PS
Some fragmentes of my work are given in Polish in the web, you may compare. I am urgently waiting for you work Alex? Then we will see?
My work is not scientific. As I have said I use scientific information for writing fiction book. However I'm trying to be more or less exact here. It lasts for 2-3 years and very far from been finished, because I'm occupied with lots of other topics, not only military ones

Regards
Alex

mirekw

Post by mirekw » 22 Sep 2015, 22:25

In fact we are missing the point.
Next I think about the authots writing about air war, not war on land. Some of them are focused on ladnd war.

One name shuld be mentioned as a master is Miroslav Morozow (about navy aviation, plus about navy too), he is very good too

Chazanov is not so good as you think.

The 3 books which you have given are in fact to the same but one in (2 in 1 - Borba za gospodarstvo v vosduche is 2 in 1, Bitva za nebo i gorkije uroki, such editor trick).

Khazanow is also well know author, depends which works you think about?

Anyway the last 2 books done by Sołonin about air war in summer 1941 (Nowaja chronologia katastrofy, 2 toms), are very good, based only on archives data. There are some errors in them and mishaps, but who can do such worok without them?

regards,
mw

AMVAS

Post by AMVAS » 22 Sep 2015, 22:49

mirekw wrote:In fact we are missing the point.
Next I think about the authots writing about air war, not war on land. Some of them are focused on ladnd war.
Yep
One name shuld be mentioned as a master is Miroslav Morozow (about navy aviation, plus about navy too), he is very good too
Agree, but he writes mostle about Naval aviation if I'm right
Chazanov is not so good as you think.
Still incompatible with Solonin even hs is mistaken somewhere
The 3 books which you have given are in fact to the same but one in (2 in 1 - Borba za gospodarstvo v vosduche is 2 in 1, Bitva za nebo i gorkije uroki, such editor trick).
Sad, sometimes editors compiles older editions and publish them under new titles. I'm always is angry to find out such things
Khazanow is also well know author, depends which works you think about?
Any his works are worth to read. At least one can argue with him. To argue with Solonin is more useless, because of too much loud declarations
Anyway the last 2 books done by Sołonin about air war in summer 1941 (Nowaja chronologia katastrofy, 2 toms), are very good, based only on archives data. There are some errors in them and mishaps, but who can do such worok without them?

I disagree with such point. As I have said, using of archival materials by him is good. But as analytic he's zero unlike authors mentioned earlier.
I know many cases when professionals simply laughed from what Solonin had declared...
You have no chances to persuade me that he's reliable author. I can accept archival sources cited on his site, but I even don't want to hear about his arguments.

P.S. Btw, I know one more similar author - Shirokorad. When he's using his sources, he's good. But when he writes something himself - its awful!

Regards
Alex

mirekw

Post by mirekw » 23 Sep 2015, 23:06

The problem os selling old product under new titles concerning not only Khazanov's book, there are more such examples. I have one friends who is selling Russian books for years and several time he ordered such "new ones" and in fact there were "old ones" with the new titles and contents. "Nice" trick but in fact quite stupid.

Yes, M. Morosov is writing only about Soviet navy in WW II, including avaition. Anyway he is very good on this.
P.S. Btw, I know one more similar author - Shirokorad. When he's using his sources, he's good. But when he writes something himself - its awful!
You do not know what you are writing about! Shirokorad can write everything, 5-10 books in one year or more. No problem for him/her? He can also be her.

He can edit a book about "artilery in Peter I period" and also about "Soviet space program during Brezniev". He "has done" such strange and differnet books and edited them in a such short time, that it is more probably he is not an one author but such of team of authors under one names. Better is to say he is and "co-operatives team of ghoust's wraiters".

Regards
mw

AMVAS

Post by AMVAS » 23 Sep 2015, 23:19

mirekw wrote:The problem os selling old product under new titles concerning not only Khazanov's book, there are more such examples. I have one friends who is selling Russian books for years and several time he ordered such "new ones" and in fact there were "old ones" with the new titles and contents. "Nice" trick but in fact quite stupid.
Agree...
Yes, M. Morosov is writing only about Soviet navy in WW II, including avaition. Anyway he is very good on this.
Yep.
You do not know what you are writing about! Shirokorad can write everything, 5-10 books in one year or more. No problem for him/her? He can also be her.

He can edit a book about "artilery in Peter I period" and also about "Soviet space program during Brezniev". He "has done" such strange and differnet books and edited them in a such short time, that it is more probably he is not an one author but such of team of authors under one names. Better is to say he is and "co-operatives team of ghoust's wraiters".

Regards
mw
Sad, but I know what I'm writing about. Shirokorad uses copy/paste method. when he takes materials for his books in older books (and he almost reprints them!) those works are somewhat valuable. But it's not his own desert, it's due to experience of authors, whom he reprints. When he's trying to write anything himself it's total crap. So, you can see why he can run from one subject to another very quickly.
And yes, he's "he", not "she". I saw hims in TV-broadcasts for several times. S, it's a real person. but not very scrupulous in methods.

Regards
Alex

mirekw

Post by mirekw » 26 Sep 2015, 14:02

Sad, but I know what I'm writing about. Shirokorad uses copy/paste method. when he takes materials for his books in older books (and he almost reprints them!) those works are somewhat valuable. But it's not his own desert, it's due to experience of authors, whom he reprints. When he's trying to write anything himself it's total crap. So, you can see why he can run from one subject to another very quickly.
And yes, he's "he", not "she". I saw hims in TV-broadcasts for several times. S, it's a real person. but not very scrupulous in methods.

Thanks, I have thought, that he is a team of ghoust writers, and "he" is not real only it is small team of working people on writing about everything. All, what can be sold just now in Russia.

No methods; quality has no matter, only easy and fast cash. People are stupid and would buy everything, only cheap price has matter. Sad.

Thanks.
mw

AMVAS

Post by AMVAS » 26 Sep 2015, 15:09

mirekw wrote: Thanks, I have thought, that he is a team of ghoust writers, and "he" is not real only it is small team of working people on writing about everything. All, what can be sold just now in Russia.
I didn't say he can't employ "literature slaves". It's quite common practice. But most possibly he uses reprint method himself without any assistance except technical one.
No methods; quality has no matter, only easy and fast cash. People are stupid and would buy everything, only cheap price has matter. Sad.

Thanks.
mw[/qute]

That's why I buy not too much books. Too many "armchair generals". Especially with loud declarations (sorry, like Solonin), who thinks to have the single right view and "shocking discoverings". Usually those authors supposes RKKA High command to be idiots and make conclusions without deep analysis of situation.

Ok, it's a long sad story anyway.

Regards
Alex

mirekw

Post by mirekw » 08 Oct 2015, 20:24

In October 2015 has been published material that I am the author, on "Obrona przeciwlotnicza czynna Warszawy w 1939 roku/The Active A/A Defence of Warsaw in 1939". The text has 32 black-and-white photos, three maps, one table and one colored silhouette side (Me109 D).
The text describes the struggle of the Pursuit Brigade fighters (PZL P-11, P-7) and anti-aircraft artillery batteries of the Luftwaffe attacks on the city from 1 to 27 September 1939. Text is 100 % Polish.

See: Wojsko i Technika - Historia (Military History and Technique) No. 1/2015, pp. 32-49.

regards
mw

http://zbiam.pl/wojsko-i-technika-historia-12015/

AMVAS

Post by AMVAS » 08 Oct 2015, 21:09

mirekw wrote:In October 2015 has been published material that I am the author, on "Obrona przeciwlotnicza czynna Warszawy w 1939 roku/The Active A/A Defence of Warsaw in 1939". The text has 32 black-and-white photos, three maps, one table and one colored silhouette side (Me109 D).
The text describes the struggle of the Pursuit Brigade fighters (PZL P-11, P-7) and anti-aircraft artillery batteries of the Luftwaffe attacks on the city from 1 to 27 September 1939. Text is 100 % Polish.

See: Wojsko i Technika - Historia (Military History and Technique) No. 1/2015, pp. 32-49.

regards
mw

http://zbiam.pl/wojsko-i-technika-historia-12015/
:thumbsup:
Cool. wishing you to write something similar about Minsk :wink:

mirekw

Post by mirekw » 09 Oct 2015, 10:13

Cool. wishing you to write something similar about Minsk
It is possible, why not? You may join it too and will be easier
You are welcome, :-)
This is not easy but possible to write job, there are some matrials about defence of Minsk (collapse of Western Front), some LW's losses are known.
Probably documents of 43. IAD PVO are complete?

regards,
mw

AMVAS

Post by AMVAS » 09 Oct 2015, 22:49

mirekw wrote:
Cool. wishing you to write something similar about Minsk
It is possible, why not? You may join it too and will be easier
You are welcome, :-)
Right now I'm involved in other kind of projects :(
This is not easy but possible to write job, there are some matrials about defence of Minsk (collapse of Western Front), some LW's losses are known.
Probably documents of 43. IAD PVO are complete?

regards,
mw
I tried to search for some documents, but aircraft regiments are rare giests among archival documents available online

mirekw

Post by mirekw » 11 Oct 2015, 11:52

Me too, it has no matter, you may be in or out? Are you in fact interested in your subject (Minsk defence) or this is only a sweat dream? In Warsaw active defence I have been interested for several years, gathering and checking data. When the right time has just come, I was read to do this, beside other projects/works. No matter because I am in not out in such thing.
I tried to search for some documents, but aircraft regiments are rare giests among archival documents available online
Probably M. Timin soon or later will cover this subject and make some additional research works in archives. This is exactly in his focus too.

AMVAS

Post by AMVAS » 12 Oct 2015, 12:53

mirekw wrote:
Me too, it has no matter, you may be in or out? Are you in fact interested in your subject (Minsk defence) or this is only a sweat dream?
My sweet dream is to dinish my book :D
but the project loks to be quite long-playing. Hope once I have more time for writing...
In Warsaw active defence I have been interested for several years, gathering and checking data. When the right time has just come, I was read to do this, beside other projects/works. No matter because I am in not out in such thing.
right now I guess to collect quite enough data. Of course, more data would be good to have, but lack of this is not critical as I write not pure historical, but sci-fiction book
Probably M. Timin soon or later will cover this subject and make some additional research works in archives. This is exactly in his focus too.
Lets hope so. but I think now he's more interested in Baltic areas

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 30 Oct 2015, 07:16

According to Der Luftkrieg in Europa by Ulf Balke, I./KG2 started to attack major roads and exits of the city Minsk (Hauptverkehrsstraßen und Ausgänge der Stadt Minsk) from 6.45am on the 24th. It would be 7.45am local time. Mostly Do 17z were used.

AMVAS

Post by AMVAS » 30 Oct 2015, 11:32

GregSingh wrote:According to Der Luftkrieg in Europa by Ulf Balke, I./KG2 started to attack major roads and exits of the city Minsk (Hauptverkehrsstraßen und Ausgänge der Stadt Minsk) from 6.45am on the 24th. It would be 7.45am local time. Mostly Do 17z were used.
Hmm strange. Eye-witness saw a large number of German airplanes over the town after ~9:30 AM June 24th
Not sure which exactly types they were though.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”