New (2002) ME-262s built

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Timo

Post by Timo » 15 Apr 2002, 15:44

Well, it all makes perfect sense to most visitors. Perhaps its all a bit to much for your mental abilities.

Everything I wrote is a clear reply to your remark
For history’s sake, you gotta stick to the original markings, you just gotta.
I can understand that you have no proper reply to my constructive comment, but why don't you admit that? Is it that bad for your ego?

mike262752

Post by mike262752 » 16 Apr 2002, 03:30

Timo wrote:Well, it all makes perfect sense to most visitors. Perhaps its all a bit to much for your mental abilities.

Everything I wrote is a clear reply to your remark
I can understand that you have no proper reply to my constructive comment, but why don't you admit that? Is it that bad for your ego?
quite acting like your better than everyone timo

Timo

Post by Timo » 16 Apr 2002, 04:30

Karl wrote (Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:19 pm):
I will insist on a Hakenkreuz on my model (but will probably only fly it at night.  For history’s sake, you gotta stick to the original markings, you just gotta.
My reply to that (Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:49 pm):
Keep in mind: they sell these replicas to people with money. Of those who buy these planes only a minority even cares for correct marks. Au contraire. I think they loose buyers if they apply a Swastika. Besides: if you have the money for such a replica, you have the means to apply a Swastika yourself if you want one.
Karl replied with (Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:59 pm):
I am sorry. I was not aware that you were the newly appointed High Priest of Profundity, the one who deems what is important and what is not. I shall be sure to consult you before posting anything in the future.
>>>Keep in mind: they sell these replicas to people with money.<<<
I see. So they are not giving them away?
>>>Of those who buy these planes only a minority even cares for correct marks. Au contraire. I think they loose buyers if they apply a Swastika.<<<
Well, should be up to the buyer. Maybe they had the option, I really don’t know.
>>>Besides: if you have the money for such a replica, you have the means to apply a Swastika yourself if you want one.<<<
Why would I do that when I paid good money for my ME-262? It’s like getting a car customized –on special order- and then after delivery applying the final details of the paint job yourself in the shameful anonymity of your garage at midnight (only on weekends).
Plus an off-topic attempt to provoke me about Frisian and Thorfinn

My reply to this (Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:59 pm):
>>>Well, should be up to the buyer. Maybe they had the option, I really don’t know.<<<
But that was not the discussion. Most people here said they want the Swastika applied, nobody mentioned an option. They want it historically correct, remember?
Because Karl wrote earlier in the discussion:
So as an immediate reply to that statement and his change of course by referring to an option I asked him if he wants them to stick to the original markings ("you just gotta") or to make it an option? If he want the swastika to be an option he makes a changes from the statement that I replied to, namely that they just got to stick to original markings.
To his statement:
Why would I do that when I paid good money for my ME-262? It’s like getting a car customized –on special order- and then after delivery applying the final details of the paint job yourself in the shameful anonymity of your garage at midnight (only on weekends)
I replied with:
Well. Look at it the other way. Say I am German or Dutch and I want to buy that plane. If the Swastika is standard applied, I need to go through the same trouble to get rid of it. Remember that these (and other) countries don't allow you to fly around with a Swastika on your plane. Thats like buying a car and going through a lot of trouble to make it street legal.
Also a direct reply to his previous statements.

Now, I guess because he could not find a proper defense, he decided to give the discussion a new direction. For this he did not gave an answer to my constructive reply, but chose to act in a different way (Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:04 am):
Timo I am really disappointed. That was a very lame response and I simply don’t have the time to play with you now.
Now, perhaps somebody can tell me what was lame in my reply. For the moment the only lame response was his.

He certainly did not feel like responding in a normal manner, that is by giving a normal reply to my arguments against his statements. His way of discussing this is avoiding the original topic. Instead he comes with (Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:21 pm):
My, my Timo. You really got a stick up your ass, don’t you?
Simplification for Timoje: I personally think there would be no point to the thing without the proper markings. Mr. Yerger on the other hand doesn’t care for paint jobs but would rather just watch the birds fly. One is important to me, the other to Mr. Yerger. It’s relative, just like God. Follow that? Good. Now what is your problem?
Well, deliberately or not, he completely overlooked the fact that my "problem" is clear. That selling a commercial product with a swastika on it is, historically correct or not, out of the question. Or as I put it in my reply (Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:42 pm):
Its a commercial product. They sold several despite the missing swastika. They also know that, due to laws in several countries and the feelings of their buyers, that applying swastikas would not be a wise move. Perhaps they apply a swastika if the buyer askes for it, but from a commercial point of view it would be a dumb move to say that they have to be historically correct at all cost.
Perhaps the swastika is an option. In that case the buyers of the planes we've seen so far decided not to carry that marking.
He just avoids replying to it because it does not fit his arguments, despite the fact that I even consider his change in course by replying to the "optional swastika".
Again he refuses to give a normal reply. He claims he has no time to answer, yet he finds time to give the following reply (Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:14 pm):
Your point is? You have made no sense here at all nor have you yet to make a point vis-à-vis my original comment. You proclaimed it a useless discussion and that is about all. The rest was contention. So was it for the sake of contention? And was it good for you? ??? You are a strange guy Timo.
Now, in his attempts to avoid a normal discussion he overlooks one crucial point: all my arguments are points against his original comment. Or wasn't his original statement:
???

As for Karl provoking me and not the other way around: I am sure Marcus would have had another opinion if Karl had left out the Thorfinn and Frisian stuff:
You know Timo, I am still shocked that Thorfinn (a German/Norwegian) can speak better Fries then you (a Friesian) can!
And later:
( &#61514; Thorfinn speaks better Fries then you!!! &#61514; )

If this wasn't completely off-topic and did not have the sole reason to provoke me, then what purpose did it have?

So basically not "quite acting like your better than everyone", just showing that once again one of the forum members is unable to stick to the topic and moves to insults and nonsense once I have arguments against his statements.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 16 Apr 2002, 08:01

This thread has very little to do with the Me262 anymore...

/Marcus

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”