Stade Niedersachsen Germany /Deutschland

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
sue15

Stade Niedersachsen Germany /Deutschland

Post by sue15 » 05 Aug 2008, 07:16

Hello
Please can anyone advice where I can find more information about the Luftwaffe operating in the Stade area of Niedersachsen. I know there was an airfield just outside the town as it still exists today as a Sportsplatz with Airbus occupying some of the area also. However I read ( unfortunately cannot recall the publication at present) that there was a secret command centre occupying an underground area somewhere near Stade . I cannot find out the location of this - if anyone has any ideas how to get more information I would be pleased to hear. There is an area called Stadersand where industry is now settled where there is an old bunker and a sign saying Bunker Station. I wonder if this is connected.

Any help is appreciated

kind regards

Sue

Trias

Re: Stade Niedersachsen Germany /Deutschland

Post by Trias » 05 Aug 2008, 09:46

Hello sue a few infos.
The Airfields name is Agathenburg and there was a nightfighter group in mh 1944.

Dieter-Theodor Bohlmann, SOKRATES, die Geschichte der Reichsluftverteidigung, ihrer Anlagen und Liegenschaften in und um Stade 1935 - 2005" (ISBN 3-933996-27-9) zu bestellen auch über http://www.kreissparkasse-stade.de/shop/buecher.htm

This book is the only real info about Stade in ww2,plz no discussion about my english :wink:

sue15

Post by sue15 » 05 Aug 2008, 11:12

Hello Trias
Your reply is much appreciated- Thank you
Sue

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 06 Aug 2008, 08:26

sue15 wrote:Hello
Please can anyone advice where I can find more information about the Luftwaffe operating in the Stade area of Niedersachsen. However I read ( unfortunately cannot recall the publication at present) that there was a secret command centre occupying an underground area somewhere near Stade . I cannot find out the location of this - if anyone has any ideas how to get more information I would be pleased to hear. There is an area called Stadersand where industry is now settled where there is an old bunker and a sign saying Bunker Station. I wonder if this is connected.

Any help is appreciated

kind regards

Sue
Hi Sue,
Not THAT secret:
http://www.gyges.dk/Gefechtsstand%20bunker%202%20JD.htm

bregds
SES

sue15

Post by sue15 » 06 Aug 2008, 08:40

Hello SES
Many thanks for the web information. Most appreciated. I am also going to order up the book recommended if still in print.

Best wishes

Sue

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 06 Aug 2008, 08:49

:wink:
bregds
SES

Leif

Post by Leif » 09 Aug 2008, 15:28

Hello,
the Bunkerstation in Stadersand is not Sokrates. I think, it was for refueling. But I have to check it myself.
@ SES: nearly at the confluence fron the small river Schwinge to the Elbe.
http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=53.62751 ... =0&src=msl

Best regards,
Leif

sue15

Post by sue15 » 09 Aug 2008, 17:27

Hello Leif
Thank you for your info. You are right Sokrates is a seperate part of the Stade area to Stadersand. With the information from SES I took a look at his website and could see the location of where Sokrates once was - now a hospital and area of housing. Also at Agathenburg the airfield is now partly covered by Airbus and the rest used for private planes.

Unfortunately the book called Sokrates is out of print.
Now I understand these are separate places with separate functions. Sorry for confusion caused. Refuelling seems to fit for Bunker Station as its so close to the River Elbe.

Thanks to everyone - any other information gratefully received

Sue

sue15

Post by sue15 » 16 Sep 2008, 19:32

Hello
Sometime ago I posted the above topic and recevied some excellent replies including details of a book published on the subject called

Sokrates: Die Geschichte der Reichsluftverteidigung ihrer Anlagen und Liegenschaften in und um Stade 1935-2005
von Dieter Th Bohlmann (Autor)

Since then I have tried as many sources as possible including the publisher but the book is now out of print and cannot find a copy on Amazon Ebay etc.

Can anyone please offer any ideas where else I could try to purchase a copy? Grateful for any ideas

Kind regards

Sue

Freudenberg

Post by Freudenberg » 12 May 2009, 23:22

Hi Sue,
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/76685445

At "Google books" via the above website, this book can be found at Yale University and 2 places in Europe.

Good hunting!

Minnesota observer

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”