are these men Luftwaffe?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Angus1235

are these men Luftwaffe?

Post by Angus1235 » 03 Dec 2014, 05:24

Georges Blind, a member of the French resistance, smiling at a German firing squad, 1944.jpg
I came across this photo of a mock-execution of some french dude named Georges and I noticed their pockets are all a bit funny.
Are these Luftwaffe servicemen?
obviously not paratroops due to the 'heer' helmets but certcertainly not wearing Heer or SS tunics.
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Re: are these men Luftwaffe?

Post by Maxschnauzer » 03 Dec 2014, 05:32

The Officer in Charge appears to be wearing the Luftwaffe Adler.
Cheers,
Max

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 04 Dec 2014, 06:21

I didnt even think to look at him. I just noticed the weird pockets and all my focus went there.

Was there a strong Luftwaffe presence in France? I thought it was predominantly SS/Heer (I'm not really upto scratch with the Luftwaffe unfortunately)
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

Tapani K.

Post by Tapani K. » 04 Dec 2014, 10:03

The commander of this execution squad is an NCO, not an officer; the tresse in his collar is clearly visible.

regards,
Tapani K.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”