Luftwaffe staff in Loenen aan de Vecht

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
HLAND

Luftwaffe staff in Loenen aan de Vecht

Post by HLAND » 03 Jan 2015, 02:10

L.S.,

Being an inhabitant of this nice Dutch village and having an interest in history, especially in the WWII time-frame, I am investigating what the task was of some luftwaffe staff that was located through the years (1940-1945) in Loenen, staying in a farm at the south end of the village onto the main road (then) in between Amsterdam and Utrecht. The officer in charge for a prolonged period was a certain Stach. I understand they had a Luftwaffe observationpost and on earial pictures I indeed can determine a tower, some 8-9 meters high, in the fields behind the farm. The tower seemed to have a more solid top and lower part, the in-between bit, judging from shaddows, looks like to be made of beams only.

I have not been able to find any reference as to this tower, its purpose nor what the Luftwaffe staff's task migth have been. Rather then guessing, or adding (what I think is) '1 and 1' to find out later it is all wrong, I thougth it a wise idea to check on this forum if anyone could give me a hint (or more). Would there be any reports or a kriegstagebuch in which events would feature?

By the way: all the best for the new year!

Kind regards,
Hendrik

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”