25.02.1945 - Air combat

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Detvan

25.02.1945 - Air combat

Post by Detvan » 18 Jun 2016, 21:51

Hello,
For the start I say some short story.
On the 25.februar 1945 was offensive of red army in the direction Detva – Zvolen – Banska Bystrica(In Slovakia – that time Czechoslovakia). Around 14:00h took off two romanian pilots from airfield in Lucenec – adjutant Traian Darjan and capitan Constantin Cantacuzino (They were from 9.fighter group of ARR.). Over Zvolen they found german Fw 190s which were attacking soviet infantry. Constantin Cantacuzino downed one of them. Pilot of machine was gefreiter Hermann Heim from I./SG 2. When they were finding wreck of Fw 190 to confirm vyctory, they lost carefulness and were attacked by german Bf 109s. First downed pilot was Traian Darjan who was victim of german ace from JG 53 Hauptmann Helmut Lipfert. Then was downed Cantacuzino too, but by unknown german pilot.
My questions:
Who downed Cantacuzino?
Where can I find some biographical informations about Hermann Heim?
Where I can found some mission reports from that days?
My last request: If you got any informations, web-sites, books, forums, pictures, photographs, memoirs, contacts or anything other what could help me, please post it there or send here: [email protected] . To pictures or photos I need sources or contact to owners if it is possible.
I will be thankfull for any answer.

Detvan

Re: 25.02.1945 - Air combat

Post by Detvan » 10 Sep 2016, 13:13

Does exist some web or book or anything other where I could find info. about Bf-109 when I know it´s Wk.Nr.?

Do you know any surviving pilot from I./JG 53 flown in 1945 with this unit?

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”