Infos about airfield Olmütz (now Olomouc / Neredin, Czech)

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Kreuzspiegel

Infos about airfield Olmütz (now Olomouc / Neredin, Czech)

Post by Kreuzspiegel » 29 Oct 2016, 18:19

In 1945 my uncle died as POW in a camp in the Ukraine. Between June 1940 and February 1943 he was stationated at airfield Olmütz (now. Olomouc / Neredin, Czech) as engineer of Luftwaffe ground forces (Fliegerhorstkompanie Olmütz).

There is few to find in the www about Czech airfields – I only could find information at vrtulnik.cz/ww2/protektorat-olomouc.htm and ww2.dk/Airfields - Czechoslovakia.pdf .

More information about Olmütz could be in the book „Fliegerhorste und Einsatzhäfen der
Luftwaffe“ (Ries Karl, Dierich Wolfgang - Motorbuch Verlag Stuttgart, 1993). Does anyone have the book? I am interested in any information about airfield Olmütz (photos, plan’s, ec.). It would be glad pleasure if anybody could send me high resolution scans to [email protected] ?

Thank you in advance – best greeting from Austria
Kreuzspiegel

Larry D.

Re: Infos about airfield Olmütz (now Olomouc / Neredin, Czech)

Post by Larry D. » 29 Oct 2016, 18:54

Go to this website and look up Olmütz-Naredin and Olmütz - Novy Sady:

http://www.ww2.dk/Airfields%20-%20Czechoslovakia.pdf

L.

Kreuzspiegel

Post by Kreuzspiegel » 29 Oct 2016, 19:46

thank's Larry - i know this link - see above . also http://www.vrtulnik.cz/ww2/protektorat-olomouc.htm - has sombody further Information or the book „Fliegerhorste und Einsatzhäfen der Luftwaffe“ (Ries Karl, Dierich Wolfgang - Motorbuch Verlag Stuttgart, 1993)"?

Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 29 Oct 2016, 23:41

Kreuzspiegel - all of the information from the two books cited below has been incorporated into my Olmütz entries on http://www.ww2.dk:

Mattiello, Gianfranco. Fliegerhorstkommandanturen und Flugplätze der deutschen Luftwaffe 1935-1945. Osnabrück: Biblio Verlag, 2000. Pb (oversize). 529p. Glossary of abbreviations. Appendix. Index.
and
Ries, Karl and Wolfgang Dierich. Fliegerhorste und Einsatzhäfen der Luftwaffe: Planskizzen 1935-1945. Stuttgart: Motorbuch Verlag, 1993. ISBN: 3-613-01486-6. Hb (oversize). Dj. 313p. Airfield map sketches.

The Ries/Dierich book has a Planskizze of Olmütz-Neredin on s.234. If no one here can copy that for you, then perhaps you can find a library that has the book. There is no Planskizze for Olomouc - Novy Sady airfield.

L.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”