Flak-Regiment 155

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
kstdk

Re: Flak-Regiment 155

Post by kstdk » 26 Mar 2013, 19:17

Hello

Just to continue this topic. I have not been able to locate the places above yet.

Do you know this site?

http://www.sitesv1du-nord-de-la-france. ... e%20V1.htm

Might give some of the answers.

regards
Kurt
kstdk

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 31 Mar 2013, 17:07

With the information provided by the forum, I moved to certain places to make identification, and I took pictures.
I would be very interested to know what type of buildings should be provided with light base.
an issue as I am.
I noticed on every building there was no roof. Why?

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 01 Apr 2013, 12:02

I put the link on which I put photos
http://www.39-45.org/viewtopic.php?f=65 ... 1&start=10

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 12 Mar 2015, 15:52

Hello

I Wonder if any news has come up in this topic?

I am still searching for informations on Flakregiment 155 (W) - 255 (W) - Flakgruppe Creil - Flakgerätepark West.

Any news are most welcome, also in direction on archives etc. etc.

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 13 Mar 2015, 07:22

Kurt hello
No, unfortunately I do not have much.
However I advance a peu.Au chateau d'Helicourt new owners arrived and many are interested in histoire.Leur castle was occupied for several me by the German army, and I actuellemnt looking in that direction.
good day
Sincerely
jocelyn

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 13 Mar 2015, 12:00

Hello

At IWM (Imperial War Museum) there is some info about Chateau d´Helicourt in connection on RAF attacks on V 1 installations:

RAF SECOND TACTICAL AIR FORCE ATTACK ON CHÂTEAU D'HELICOURT: http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/ ... 1060030208

Also: https://books.google.dk/books?id=RjzLqx ... rt&f=false

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

jocrobin

Post by jocrobin » 13 Mar 2015, 12:51

thank you very much Kurt
I sent the link to the owners of the castle which I think will be interested
friendly
jocelyn

david.matthewson

Post by david.matthewson » 15 Nov 2015, 20:33

I know this is a very old thread but I'm trying to match up the numbering of V 1 sites in northern France. I have No Ball numbers, those in the list above, some German documentation numbers and those from Philip Henshall's book on V Sites. Does anyone have any lists of the actual German - perhaps Tod? - designations? or have any suggestions as to how to match them up?

TiA

David

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 17 Nov 2015, 17:40

Hello David

There is the numbersystem that you know from Phillip Henshall´s book, combined with a name of the location.

Then there is the No Ball numbers to be combined with those.

The Org. Todt had not much to do with the V 1 operations and the erecting of the sites, so I have not found any numbers there.

The most correct numbers is from the Flakregiment 155 (W) maps over the sites of the Regiments 1 to 9 Abteilung.

I have these maps and here is the legend and a cut of one of the maps where you clearly can see the numbers of the sites.

The only problem is that on the maps there is no names of the location, and the locations used varies - meaning the use of the nearby Towns in connection to the site numbers are seldom the same - so the same sitenumber can have different location name attached to it.

Confusing to get the correct site - some times it is quite a puzzle.

regards
Kurt
kstdk
Attachments
PB230151.JPG
PB230153.JPG

david.matthewson

Post by david.matthewson » 19 Nov 2015, 22:46

Thanks for that - very interesting. I should also have mentioned Hellmold's book - "Die V1 - eine Dokumentation" - which has what appear to be redrawn 'modern' maps [pages 123-126] based on the one you reference above. The original appears to be dated 19-1-1944 - I'll post a scan of this tomorrow. It has numbers against the sites but is at such a large scale it is impossible to relate the sites to physical places.

Also so of interest is page 109 of Bailleul's book, "Les sites V1 en Flandres et en Artois' which again is numbered but I'm not sure if these are 'official' numbers which match your original map or not. He also has, apparently, written a second book which I don't have, covering the Somme area which would be interesting.

Do you know if the map you showed is available on the net anywhere or which physical archive might hold it/a copy?

I have the small Kriegstagebuch des Flakregiments 115(W) 1943-5 by Neliba but this has no maps. I assume it is a much edited version of the full war diary which probably does have tactical maps in it. I wonder which archive that might be in..?

Thanks again for your help.

David

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 20 Nov 2015, 02:24

Hello

I have also all the other books that you mention :)

It is not only one map, it is several large maps covering the units 1 - 9 of the Flakregiment 155 (w).

The original map is in BAMA - Freiburg, and i do not think they are available any where on the net.

Regards
Kurt
kstdk
Attachments
PB230130.JPG
PB230127.JPG

david.matthewson

Post by david.matthewson » 20 Nov 2015, 10:58

Thanks Kurt - very helpful. They seem to have been the basis for many if not all of the 'modern' maps in the books on this subject.

brgds

David

Pete Wood

Post by Pete Wood » 21 Jun 2016, 00:17

I just wanted to introduce myself as someone interested in V1 and V2 strikes on the UK.

I have plotted every one of the nearly 7500 V1s that were launched at the UK, complete with grid references and casualty info. This includes information on how, if applicable, each V1 was brought down (Fighter, Barrage Balloon, Anti-Aircraft etc). I have also plotted all the V2 hits on, or near, the UK (my total is certainly higher than the well known V2 website).

I have also collated the names of the nearly 80,000 civilians who were killed or injured by German air raids on the Greater London area. Obviously this includes all casualties of the V1 and V2 strikes. The info includes the casualty's injury, address, age, and hospital (or mortuary) to which they were taken.

I live in London and am happy to carry out research at the National Archives, Metropolitan Archives, Imperial War Museum etc.

Kurt knows that I would dearly love to know the grid locations of all the V1 ramps. I have seen maps in books, which seem to suggest that the locations were well known by the British. Here is one which seems to be based on radar tracks, showing the launch point of each V1 and its final destination. The problem is, I can't seem to locate it in the National Archives at Kew.....
datauri-file.jpeg
datauri-file.jpeg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
Would it be a good time to now to update 2007 Kurt's list of known V1 sites? I have trawled through all the links in the last 15 pages and must admit I am slightly confused as to how many there are....

Regards

Pete

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 21 Jun 2016, 11:11

Hello

Hi Pete, I have answered your e-mail - and sorry that i do not have the grid references of the V1 sites.

However I will look into making an update of the known V1 sites. As to how many there were, it is a bit confusing as you say :)

The problem is that there were different types of sites:

Firing sites of at least 3 types, sites that never became operationel because of allied bombing, sites that moved location, sites that changed number and name, sites with same name of location due to many French towns had similar names etc. etc. Sites of caracter of supply and storage and command sites and they all got a number but not all were firing sites. And then there was the V1´s fired from the air by Heinkel 111´s.........and from Holland and Belgium.........and so on!!!!

Also the fact that Flakregiment 155 (w) were very careful not to compromise their sites and therefore moved around a lot to confuse allied intelligence and erected dummy sites - but the sites figure in the allied lists - and also remains exist today so they must be counted in.

The V1 operations began very late in the war, and after the allied D-Day landings it was a very difficult task to operate the V1 sites, and that we have to deal with today trying to find "head and tail" in this and piece all the different informations together.

But - lets continue to try to do so - I will come back with an update on how much I have at this time :D

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

david.matthewson

Post by david.matthewson » 21 Jun 2016, 11:36

Pete

Good to see another chap interested in this fascinating topic. Are you going to 'publish' your results as I'm sure we'd all love to see them?

I've been doing field work in the Summers in Northern France and as Kurt says, it's quite difficult to find all the traces today. Much remains but so much more has gone or was never quite where it was recorded as being in the No Ball target lists.

Good luck!

David

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”