Knight's Cross Holders Identification

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
gunter83

Re: Knight's Cross Holders Identification

Post by gunter83 » 26 Jul 2015, 19:07

LaSi69 wrote: NO WAY - he is definitely Otto Baum.
Hello,
why do you think so? Not seen a single photo of Baum (I have 90+ his different photos) where he doesn't have tab with "Totenkopf" in rank below SS-Staf. What are your arguments?

I think that it's indeed August Dieckmann. I have his photos in the same tunic without his DKiG and other medals. He wore often only his RK with Oak Leaves and EK1.

Best wishes,
Andrey.
Die zweite Nummer, aber nicht auf der Tapferkeit!
Waffen SS E-Books library

LaSi69

Post by LaSi69 » 26 Jul 2015, 20:08

Hi Andrey.
On this foto the officer next to "our guy" has Totenkopf Collar tab and on "our guy" you can se only the tab of SS-Osbf.
Baum served with Totenkopf, Dieckmann did not. There is resemblence with this two but check the nose and ears, they are different.
There are fotos of Baum wearing the KC+EKI+ISA as well of Dieckmann (both with the rank of SS-Sbf) but Dickmann has it always with black WB.

Lado

gunter83

Post by gunter83 » 26 Jul 2015, 22:36

Sorry, but it's not argument for me that other man with "Totenkopf" Collar tab. Face of our man is absolutely like on other photos of Dieckmann. I absolutely disagree with your version.
If all think as well as you - so be it.
p.s. and I can't see "totenkopf" collar tab on officer next to "our RKT". Where did you see it?
Attachments
baum-dieckmann.jpg
baum-dieckmann.jpg (72.22 KiB) Viewed 1528 times

LaSi69

Post by LaSi69 » 28 Jul 2015, 23:12

Well Andrey I can't help you if you can't see TK collar tab on SS-Hauptsturmführer next to Otto Baum. That TK collar is aditional argument and becouse Dieckmann never served with TK division for me it is also crucial. I just pointed that out beside other arguments like ears and nose and the medals Baum is wearing - please read all that I wrote.
In your posts I can't see what your arguments are, only stubborn insistence that he is Dieckmann - if you want to think that way I don't mind.

Lado

gunter83

Post by gunter83 » 29 Jul 2015, 02:12

I have a much better quality of this pic from private collection . it even easier to see the face of our guy. As I wrote earlier that there is no photo where Baum weared "TK" collar tabs in rank below SS - Staf. Pls show me other his pics in the same tunic. Your argument is one - rank and collar tab of the officer next to him. I do not see it, sorry. If it's Dieckmann - he can met other SS officers inc. Totenkopf officers and I think it's not argument to ID him in this way. For example I have his pic with Harmel.
I attached also pic where Dieckmann weared in the same tunic without his medals. Only RK and EK1.
Attachments
Dieckmann August1.JPG
Dieckmann August1.JPG (21.27 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Dieckmann August.jpg
August Dieckmann

GWorldmann

Post by GWorldmann » 30 Jul 2015, 15:21

hello!! who are in these photos ??? thanks !!! HJ Führer mit DK und Ritterkreuzträger Geb.Jäger.
source: http://www.victor-gross.eu/HJ-Fuehrer-m ... -GebJaeger
ImageImage
ImageImage
g1 - Id: Johann Bauer

Wehrmacht Geschenkfotoalbum an den Oberstleutnant und Ritterkreuzträger Georg
Briel, Kommandeur der Fliegerabwehrschule der Infanterie in Greifswald
ImageImage
Id - Walter Kuntze
ImageImage
g2 - Id: from left Otl. Dipl. Ing. Johannes Schmidt, Obst. Joachim von Stolzmann
and Otl. Georg Briel.
The pic without watermark is here:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... tart=11730

ImageImage
g3 - Id: Walter von Reichenau

ImageImage
g4 - Id: from left August Krakau, August Wittmann, Julius Ringel

Erich Handke???
ImageImage
g5 - Id: Erich Handke

Ste

Post by Ste » 30 Jul 2015, 15:32

g4 on the right Julius Ringel

graveland

Post by graveland » 30 Jul 2015, 15:38

g4 (at left, August Krakau; center, August Wittmann)
g3 Walter von Reichenau
g2 (1st photo, Walter Kuntze)

GWorldmann

Post by GWorldmann » 30 Jul 2015, 21:27

more foto
ImageImage
a7
ImageImage
a8 - Id: Dönitz, Rogge and Thiele

LaSi69

Post by LaSi69 » 30 Jul 2015, 22:25

gunter83 wrote:I have a much better quality of this pic from private collection . it even easier to see the face of our guy. As I wrote earlier that there is no photo where Baum weared "TK" collar tabs in rank below SS - Staf. Pls show me other his pics in the same tunic. Your argument is one - rank and collar tab of the officer next to him. I do not see it, sorry. If it's Dieckmann - he can met other SS officers inc. Totenkopf officers and I think it's not argument to ID him in this way. For example I have his pic with Harmel.
I attached also pic where Dieckmann weared in the same tunic without his medals. Only RK and EK1.
Andrey I see no point with this as you are so stubrn with not raeading what I wrote:
That TK collar is aditional argument and becouse Dieckmann never served with TK division for me it is also crucial. I just pointed that out beside other arguments like ears and nose and the medals Baum is wearing - please read all that I wrote.
Here are three well known fotos of Baum with TK collar from SS-Hsf to SS-Osbf and yet you say there are no such fotos.
On the second foto Baum is wearing the same tunic with exactly the same medals. Need I say more?

Lado
Attachments
BAUM Otto RKsw3x-rksw.jpg

LaSi69

Post by LaSi69 » 30 Jul 2015, 22:33

g5 is Erich Handke,
a8 are Dönitz, Rogge and Thiele.

Lado

gunter83

Post by gunter83 » 31 Jul 2015, 07:53

LaSi69 wrote:
gunter83 wrote:I have a much better quality of this pic from private collection . it even easier to see the face of our guy. As I wrote earlier that there is no photo where Baum weared "TK" collar tabs in rank below SS - Staf. Pls show me other his pics in the same tunic. Your argument is one - rank and collar tab of the officer next to him. I do not see it, sorry. If it's Dieckmann - he can met other SS officers inc. Totenkopf officers and I think it's not argument to ID him in this way. For example I have his pic with Harmel.
Andrey I see no point with this as you are so stubrn with not raeading what I wrote:
That TK collar is aditional argument and becouse Dieckmann never served with TK division for me it is also crucial. I just pointed that out beside other arguments like ears and nose and the medals Baum is wearing - please read all that I wrote.
Here are three well known fotos of Baum with TK collar from SS-Hsf to SS-Osbf and yet you say there are no such fotos.
On the second foto Baum is wearing the same tunic with exactly the same medals. Need I say more?

Lado
You wrong understood me. I meaned that i didn't see Baum's photos without TK collar tab from rank SS-Stubaf. to rank of SS-Staf. No one photo. Pls try to find it. And if you said about his ears - pls see on this photo that it absolutely different with Baum.
If you saw TK collar tab on other officer it's of course your point and my congrats with youe excellent vision. I don't see it. Anyway for me it's not argument because officers can have conversation with different officers from different units and it's not argument for me personally that he have to serve in TK Division because other officer next to him weared TK collar tab. Anyway i propose to close this item and other forum members can make their choise personally. I see that you also don't want to see my arguments.
You said about same tunic on second your photo? He weared on your photo tunic in rank of SS-Stubaf., RK without Oak Leaves, other medals which don't present on our photo.

Daniel J

Post by Daniel J » 31 Jul 2015, 15:15

LaSi69 wrote: There is resemblence with this two but check the nose and ears, they are different.

Lado
Yes there is a diffrence. Baums ear don't match up.
Attachments
ears.jpg

GWorldmann

Post by GWorldmann » 31 Jul 2015, 15:49

who this??? thanks!!
ImageImage
43 - Id: Fritz Tegtmeier

Ritterkreuzträger Infanterie Regiment 308
ImageImage
45 - Id: Heinrich Ochs

Foto Luftwaffe Flugzeug II./SG 2 bzw. 5./SG 2 März 44 [corrected:
These men are not from SG 2, but JG 3
].
ImageImage
46 - Id: Second from left (smallest) is Heinz Kemethmüller, next to the right
(tallest) - Siegfried Engfer

ImageImage
47 - Id: Wilhelm Schilling

John Toner

Post by John Toner » 31 Jul 2015, 16:03

43 is Fritz Tegtmeier.

As regards 45, The Knights Cross was awarded to two men in Inf. Rgt 308 - Obst. Paul Schultz and Lt. Rudolf Witsch. I can't make out the rank of the KC holder in the picture.

For 46, two men of II./SG 2 or 5./SG 2 were awarded the Knights Cross on 26 March 1944 - Erwin Gutzmann and Ehrenfried Lagois. Perhaps they are the ones pictured. The only other KC NCO in the unit was Ernst Hentschel and neither look like him.

John

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”