Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
miocid

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by miocid » 14 Jul 2012, 14:06

Another general same event.
Cheers.
Attachments
unknown(right) with RUOFF,KONRAD and OSHIMA.NAC.jpg
Id (left to right): Oshima, Rudolf Konrad( XXXXIX Geb Korps), Richard Ruoff(AOK 17) and Wilhelm Wetzel (V Korps)
Unknown(left) with RUOFF and OSHIMA.abr req. for ID #23.jpg
Id (left to right): Wetzel, Oshima, Leopold Bürkner and Richard Ruoff

graveland

Post by graveland » 14 Jul 2012, 15:22

Hi, miocid.

Well, on this matter... your last two pics, I would say...

- 1st (Left to right): Oshima, Rudolf Konrad, Richard Ruoff and Hans Kamecke.
- 2nd (left to right): Hans Kamecke, Oshima, Leopold Bürkner and Richard Ruoff.

All the best.

miocid

Post by miocid » 14 Jul 2012, 16:48

One more...
Attachments
Unknown309a. ebay.jpg
Unknown309b with WALDENFELS. ebay.jpg

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 14 Jul 2012, 18:34

Hi Gregg and Miocid,

I believe the pics posted by Miocid were taken in Rostov 1942. Ruoff was Kmdr of 4 PZAOK and 17 AOK, hence operating in HrGr Süd territory. Kamecke was Kmdr of 137. ID and was fighting in HGr Mitte. In any case, those were not Kamecke's ears. The man was Wetzel.

The "still unidentified" general next to Oshima that kind of looked like Sepp Dietrich :P -- now with the additional Cegesoma frontal shot -- I would venture to say it was Kurt Jahn Kdr. of 3. ID (mot) until 01.05.42. So Wetzel was his Korps Kmdr -- V. Korps. Note Wetzel had DKiG but RK came later in August 42.

The one remaining general was Otto Hartmann. he was hospitalized and was still with Führer-Reserve but was soon to be employed as Kdr. of Sicherung Truppen and Bfh. of HGebiet A.

Cheers
Elwyn

Ruslan M

Post by Ruslan M » 14 Jul 2012, 20:27

Hello,

General who takes the parade looks like as Edmund Wachenfeld. (Initially my opinion was divided between him and Steppuhn). And a potential candidate for other it's GL Karl Held commander of Division Nr .147 (WK VII) and holder of Ritterkreuz des Königlich Preußischen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern. Unfortunately, this version is very ephemeral. :(

Best wishes
Ruslan

Vienna

Post by Vienna » 15 Jul 2012, 00:09

[quote="Elwyn W"]Hi Gregg and Miocid,

I believe the pics posted by Miocid were taken in Rostov 1942. Ruoff was Kmdr of 4 PZAOK and 17 AOK, hence operating in HrGr Süd territory. Kamecke was Kmdr of 137. ID and was fighting in HGr Mitte. In any case, those were not Kamecke's ears. The man was Wetzel.

The "still unidentified" general next to Oshima that kind of looked like Sepp Dietrich :P -- now with the additional Cegesoma frontal shot -- I would venture to say it was Kurt Jahn Kdr. of 3. ID (mot) until 01.05.42. So Wetzel was his Korps Kmdr -- V. Korps. Note Wetzel had DKiG but RK came later in August 42.

The one remaining general was Otto Hartmann. he was hospitalized and was still with Führer-Reserve but was soon to be employed as Kdr. of Sicherung Truppen and Bfh. of HGebiet
A.[*]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Elwyn!
I agree with Wetzel and most probably Jahn but really Otto Hartmann? This pics are from Aug 1942 and O. Hartmann was Cdr. of Sicherungstruppen ... since Jan 1943
http://www.audiovis.nac.gov.pl/obraz/39 ... 4bef79ca8/
http://www.bildarchivaustria.at/Pages/S ... p_ItemID=1

Remember the same problem with Manstein and Antonescu and .....
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5154

Regards

Vienna

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 15 Jul 2012, 04:23

Hi Vienna,

It was Konrad, not v Hartmann, with his Bergführer abzeichen.

NAC site 42.08.03 most likely meant March 08 and not Aug 03, European style so that I hope my timeline remains intact.
As to the one with Antonescu and v Manstein, bit of a toss-up. He was a bit skinny for Otto v Hartmann. But I have never seen him or Jaenecke wear Turkish Half Moon. Jaenecke always wore his Spanish Cross.

Cheers
Elwyn

miocid

Post by miocid » 15 Jul 2012, 11:25

Thanks everybody for your prompt response.
I agree on WETZEL and JAHN.
I´m with Rusland and believe the general with WACHENFELD looks very much like Karl HELD.

Here we have two more generals unknown to me.
On the first picture with SKORZENY I´m asking for help to ID the one on the right (the other one is STAPF).
On the second picture we have a general with his officers probably on the eastern front.
Attachments
4455. nac.jpg
first row from left MVCh Dr. agr. Hans-Joachim Riecke, Stapf, Skorzeny, MVVCh Diplom-Landwirt Dr. sc. nat. Fritz Reinhardt
militaria321#2858719.jpg

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 15 Jul 2012, 11:36

miocid wrote: On the first picture with SKORZENY I´m asking for help to ID the one on the right (the other one is STAPF).
At left is Militärverwaltungschef Dr. agr. Hans-Joachim Riecke,
at right Militärverwaltungsvizechef Diplom-Landwirt Dr. sc. nat. Fritz Reinhardt

Dieter Z. :)

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 15 Jul 2012, 14:11

Kabisch is all we have. But the guy in question seems to have a thinner face from the second pic.... I'd like to be an optimist... look at that big fat ribbon that could be a MMJO rather than an HHO (Biblio said Held had HHO with swords and we probably don't have swords here) .. perhaps the impossible to catch Ritter v Saur!

Cheers
Elwyn
Attachments
Saur_Held.jpg

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 15 Jul 2012, 15:01

Lousy pics but interesting. Mirano NE Italy circa 1944.

Non RKT general my long shot guess was Friedrich v. Schellwitz, Bevollmächtigter Dt. Gen. in Italy then mWdGb Kmdt v. Florenz. Who was RKT gen that was strutting around like Küchler with a walking stick. I have stared at him so long I am giving up.

Cheers
Elwyn
Attachments
Mirano Italy 3.jpg
Walter Keiner and another general
Mirano Italy 3.jpg (56.28 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Mirano Italy 2.jpg
Mirano Italy 2.jpg (31.33 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Mirano Italy 1.jpg
Mirano Italy 1.jpg (46.06 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

miocid

Post by miocid » 15 Jul 2012, 15:56

Elwyn,
The more I look at the Karl HELD´s portrait from the Biblio books and the picture showing saluting the unidentified general, the more I am convinced he is Karl HELD.
Thanks again to Ruslan for his sharp eyes.
Cheers.

graveland

Post by graveland » 15 Jul 2012, 16:00

Elwyn W wrote:Hi Gregg and Miocid,

The one remaining general was Otto Hartmann. he was hospitalized and was still with Führer-Reserve but was soon to be employed as Kdr. of Sicherung Truppen and Bfh. of HGebiet A.

Cheers
Elwyn
Thanks so much, Elwyn!

I couldn't agree more about Wetzel. You're very lucid when solving too much IDs. :D

By the way, are you ruled out the possibility that your man (Ritterkreuzträger) in Italy could be Walter Keiner?

All the best.

miocid

Post by miocid » 15 Jul 2012, 16:01

Elwyn,
The general with RK on the middle picture on the boat looks to me like Walter KEINER.

Cheers.

docarchiv

Post by docarchiv » 15 Jul 2012, 16:10

New in my collection!
Attachments
A 1.jpg
Foto 54 - L-R: Macholz 122 ID, Trowitz Arko 105, v Knobelsdorff II Korps circa summer 42

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”