Gefreiter Karl Schweizer (Stauffenbergs' driver)

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
RickByrdBarMan

Gefreiter Karl Schweizer (Stauffenbergs' driver)

Post by RickByrdBarMan » 24 Jun 2009, 21:19

Hello, I am new to this forum but was wondering if anyone could help me identify Stauffenbergs' driver? I believe the mans name was corporal Karl Schweizer? does anyone know what happened to him and what his bio. info. is? Thanks with any help on this.

Johnnyrocket

Re: Guidelines & Instructions

Post by Johnnyrocket » 24 Jun 2009, 21:42

RickByrdBarMan wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum but was wondering if anyone could help me identify Stauffenbergs' driver? I believe the mans name was corporal Karl Schweizer? does anyone know what happened to him and what his bio. info. is? Thanks with any help on this.

Here is a link to a book that might shead some more lite on the answer to your question? Hope this helps

http://books.google.com/books?id=n4AsZq ... t&resnum=8

Johnny R.
Here is a Forum link to the subject you are requesting:

http://www.google.com/custom?q=Karl+Sch ... %3A1&hl=en

RickByrdBarMan

Post by RickByrdBarMan » 24 Jun 2009, 21:52

Thank you for the quick response-this passage confirms his name was Schweizer-my quest is to find out what happened to him-there is a rumor in my German wife's family that her father helped him change into civilian clothes and escape to Sweden at war's end?

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 24 Jun 2009, 22:06

RickByrdBarMan,

I'm sure someone will later come up with this information for you RIck. You might want to post your question on on of the threads that is devoted specifically to this to the subject question. This is a very interesting question. I'm sort of curious myself on what happened too.

Johnny R.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Gefreiter Karl Schweizer

Post by Dieter Zinke » 25 Jun 2009, 23:26

To avoid double post in two threads in ABR concerning the same topic
RickByrdBarMan wrote:Hello, we are new to the forum and are trying to find out what happened to count v. Stauffenberg's driver, corporal Karl Schweizer.

I published a book (Once I Had A Comrade: Karl Roth and the combat history of the 36th Pz Rgt. 1939-45-Helion, 2006) about my German wife's father in WWII, and there is a rumor about him helping v. Staffenberg's driver change to civilian clothes and escape by boat to Sweden-this would have to be in the time frame of Aug-1944-April1945? I f anyone is in contact with anyone who would know what happened to him it would be greatly appreciated!

Rick and Jutta
D. Z.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”