Death date of Gen. v. Krosigk

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
histan

Re: Death date of Gen. v. Krosigk

Post by histan » 07 Oct 2009, 21:37

First, I agree with Jan-Hendrik about the information contained in the HPA files. They do not usually contain details of temporary changes in command, they often struggled to keep up with changing appointments particullarly towards the end of the war, and contain 'official' dates of command change which are not always the same as the actual dates.

I think that the position is as follows:

Rendulic was officially OB H Gr Kurland until officially appointed OB H Gr Süd on 07.04.1945. On the same date (in the same command change order) Hilpert was officially appointed mFb H Gr Kurland, von Krosigk mFb 16 Armee, and Weber mFb XVI AK.

In the 'real world' Rendulic had already left Kurland and Hilpert was already (mstFb ?) in command of H Gr Kurland. Krosigk might already have been at 16 Armee since March. These dates are likely to be in the relevant KTBs and I hope that we can find them.

None of this changes the fact that it is unlikely that von Krosigk died in March 1945 and more likely that he died on 10.04.1945 as shown in the HPA files.

Regards

John

askropp
Forum Staff

Re: Death date of Gen. v. Krosigk

Post by askropp » 28 Apr 2016, 19:37

Krosigk was promoted GL mit RDA vom 01.05.1944 (3c). Does anybody know when this actually happened?
There are times in history when staying neutral means taking sides.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”