Semi-urgent request for info. on RAKOWITZ, Andreas von (RKT)

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Semi-urgent request for info. on RAKOWITZ, Andreas von (RKT)

Post by Michael Miller » 17 Apr 2003, 20:25

Seeking any and all information on subject Knight's Cross holder, as I wish to help a friend in possession of his sword. Here is what I presently have (would have more- date of birth at least- if http://www.das-ritterkreuz.com hadn't disappeared without warning):

v. Rakowitz, Andreas
Lt.(Kr.O.), St.Gesch.Fhr. im Feldersatz-Btl. 4(L)
Verleihungsdatum: 24 June 1944

Of particular value would be any photos in which he appears, and of even greater value- information on how he might be contacted (in the event he's still living). Also appreciated- any information on Feldersatz-Bataillon 4 (L). This was, presumably, the field replacement battalion of 4. Feld-Division (L)(originally Luftwaffen-Feld-Division 4 until it was transferred to the Heer and renamed on 1. November 1943). Apparently the F.E.B. of this unit had at least one Sturmgeschütz, as indicated by the information I have on von Rakowitz.

Would be enormously grateful for any and all assistance.

Best wishes,
~ Mike Miller / ABR

... 20 minutes later--

Decided to check Horst Scheibert's books on holders of the Deutschen Kreuz in Gold. The first volume (Heer recipients) had no von Rakowitz. But in the second volume (Luftwaffe section) is listed the following:

RACKOWITSCH von Andreas Leutnant [Verleihungsdatum:] 27.09.1943
Batterie-Führer in einer Luftwaffen-Felddivision

Surely the same man, just an alternate spelling of the name. So appears he was a Luftwaffe Lt., at least as of 27.09.1943. Wondering if he was transferred into Heer when his Lw- Feld-Division became part of the Heer.
Last edited by Michael Miller on 28 Jul 2003, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Gibbs

Post by Matt Gibbs » 08 May 2003, 00:38

Info found on web at Lexikon der Wehrmacht:

von Rakowitz Andreas, Leutnant im Felders.Btl. 4 (L) 24. June 1944

Not sure if date is date of his award..?

Hope this helps in a small way, sorry there was no photo.

Regards

Matt Gibbs

jose luis

Semi urgent request for inf RAKOWITZ, A. von (RKT)

Post by jose luis » 13 May 2003, 19:33

Enclosed pic of Lt. Andreas von RAKOWITZ
Regards
Attachments
Prueba-01.jpg
Prueba-01.jpg (177.51 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

von Rakowitz

Post by Michael Miller » 13 May 2003, 21:16

Jose!

Can't thank you enough! Well done/Bravo!

With sincerest gratitude,
~ Mike Miller / ABR

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Von Rakowitz Foto

Post by Michael Miller » 16 May 2003, 00:34

Jose~

What is the source of this photo? I am curious about one thing- all my sources state Andreas von Rakowitz received the Ritterkreuz as Leutnant, but it appears (and I may be wrong here) that he might wear NCO "Tresse" on his shoulder strap.

Thanks again.

Best,
~ Mike

Jérôme

Re: Semi-urgent request for info. on RAKOWITZ, Andreas von (

Post by Jérôme » 20 Jul 2003, 23:29

Michael Miller wrote:Seeking any and all information on subject Knight's Cross holder, as I wish to help a friend in possession of his sword. Here is what I presently have (would have more- date of birth at least- if http://www.das-ritterkreuz.com hadn't disappeared without warning):

v. Rakowitz, Andreas
Lt., St.Gesch.Fhr. im Feldersatz-Btl. 4(L)
Verleihungsdatum: 24 June 1944

Of particular value would be any photos in which he appears, and of even greater value- information on how he might be contacted (in the event he's still living). Also appreciated- any information on Feldersatz-Bataillon 4(L). This was, presumably, the field replacement battalion of 4. Feld-Division (L)(originally Luftwaffen-Feld-Division 4 until it was transferred to the Heer and renamed on 1. November 1943). Apparently the F.E.B. of this unit had at least one Sturmgeschuetz, as indicated by the information I have on von Rakowitz.

Would be enormously grateful for any and all assistance.

Best wishes,
~ Mike Miller / ABR

... 20 minutes later--

Decided to check Horst Scheibert's books on holders of the Deutschen Kreuz in Gold. The first volume (Heer recipients) had no von Rakowitz. But in the second volume (Luftwaffe section) is listed the following:

RACKOWITSCH von Andreas Leutnant [Verleihungsdatum:] 27.09.1943
Batterie-Führer in einer Luftwaffen-Felddivision

Surely the same man, just an alternate spelling of the name. So appears he was a Luftwaffe Lt., at least as of 27.09.1943. Wondering if he was transferred into Heer when his LW Feld-Division became part of the Heer.

In Veit Scherzer's books on "Die Träger des Deutschen Kreuzes in Gold der Luftwaffe, Page 260, von RAKOWITSCH is awarded DKG as 09/08/1943
and his unity is StuG-Bttr./Lw.Feld-Div.15

Regards
ROUILLE

benben487

Re: Semi-urgent request for info. on RAKOWITZ, Andreas von (RKT)

Post by benben487 » 19 May 2016, 06:43

Hello. I apologize for reviving a thread that is so old but I am looking for more information on the von Rakowitz family and was wondering if anyone would be willing to discuss him with me. Thank you very much.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”