Post-War Photos of Gerhard Konopka

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Edward L. Hsiao

Post-War Photos of Gerhard Konopka

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 18 Jan 2014, 08:07

Gentlemen,

Are there any post-war photos of Knight's Cross Holder Gerhard Konopka especially in the 1980's and 1990's. I knew that he didn't join the Bundeswehr. I maybe posted this subject in the wrong section. The only photo that I saw of Konopka was in 1974 in a book about holders of Close Combat Clasp In Gold and the Knight's Cross. Konopka had a beard in 1974. Wanting a few more pictures of Konopka to see postwar.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: Post-War Photos of Gerhard Konopka

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 19 Jan 2014, 04:08

Gentlemen,

I'm hoping to get a photo of Gerhard Konopka with a clean shaven face during his post World War II years perhaps in the 1990's. I knew that Konopka passed away in 1997.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 01 Feb 2014, 06:23

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was on Wehrmacht Awards Forum and had communication with one person who met Gerhard Konopka a few times. Unfortunately he honestly didn't know if Konopka was clean shaven or not. He forgot. He didn't have a picture of Konopka. I'm not a beard fan to be honest. My mind would be eased if anyone could find out if Konopka had no facial hair before he passed away.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 10 Feb 2014, 07:47

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I thank you for your viewing of my topic. 182 views including me were thinking about whatever there are anymore post World War II photos of Gerhard Konopka. I know there wasn't any positive findings at all so far. I myself found a probable on another topic named "Knight''s Cross Holders Indentification". On post #8151 of the topic there is a photo of the funeral of Wilhelm Bittrich with three Knight's Cross Holders attending. One of them looked possibly like Gerhard Konopka,the one that was blocking mostly the view of the flagged drapped coffin. Still let me know if you can come up with something. By the way,the World War II photo of Gerhard Konopka without his officer's cap,looked like Sean Connery the actor when he was young and had a role as James Bond!

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 09 Mar 2014, 02:53

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Still waiting patiently for the answers about postwar photos of Gerhard Konopka. I wonder if any of his relatives are still living in Germany today?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 20 Apr 2014, 03:28

To the Members,

I'm expanding my time for an answer.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 10 May 2014, 23:51

Dear Folks,

I found out that Gerhard Konopka wife's name was Gertude but I don't think she's living now. I wonder how made children did they have? I think Gerhard had attended a few reunions with the "Grossdeutschland Panzer Gren. Division Association. I also wonder if Gerhard had any brothers that served in the Wehrmacht during WWII.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 15 Jun 2014, 03:09

Dear Folks,

I tried goggle.com and have plenty of images of Gerhard Konopka but no post World War II ones. So far I couldn't find any clue of what website that has post-war pictures of Gerhard Konopka. I'm still pretty obsessed though. I have given up yet.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 16 Jul 2014, 05:12

Dear Folks,

Anything yet? It's been almost six months.

Edward L. Hsiao

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 16 Jul 2014, 19:13

May I ask why this somewhat strange question is so important to you? One of the last, to me, known photos of Gerhard Konopka shows him with a beard. This was taken shortly before he passed away. I believe the type is called a "goatee" by Americans. Konopka visited many Grossdeutschland reunions, right up to the end when he was too ill to attend.

malvinas82

Post by malvinas82 » 17 Jul 2014, 22:03

Daniel L wrote:May I ask why this somewhat strange question is so important to you? One of the last, to me, known photos of Gerhard Konopka shows him with a beard. This was taken shortly before he passed away. I believe the type is called a "goatee" by Americans. Konopka visited many Grossdeutschland reunions, right up to the end when he was too ill to attend.
You mean this one?
Attachments
Major Gerhard Konopka.jpg
Major Gerhard Konopka.jpg (65.14 KiB) Viewed 1232 times

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 18 Jul 2014, 09:52

No, this looks like a photo from a veteran meeting. The one I am talking about was taken at his home shortly before he passed away.

Doktor Krollspell

Post by Doktor Krollspell » 18 Jul 2014, 14:55

Thanks for the post-war picture of Gerhard Konopka, Malvinas82! Very interesting to see how he displayed his decorations on a small chain on his tuxedo, particularly Konopka's three Panzervernichtungsabzeichen hanging in a row. I have never seen this kind of display before...

Best regards,

Krollspell

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 27 Aug 2014, 04:42

Gentlemen,

That is the photo of Gerhard Konopka with the beard that was taken in 1974 at a social event,the one Malvinas82 had posted. The one that it was in the book called "The Face Of Courage". I'm looking for other post WWII pictures of Konopka.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 28 Sep 2014, 09:52

Gentlemen,

Any luck yet on the findings of more post WWII pictures of Konopka clean shaven?

Edward L. Hsiao

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”