Nazi leaders children

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
trower

Nazi leaders children

Post by trower » 24 Apr 2003, 18:23

Does anyone have information on the lives of the children of the Nazi elite. I know Himmler's daughter Gudrun is a staunch believer in her father and the Nazi regime whereas Martin Borman's son is disgusted by the whole thing. I believe Rommel's son Manfred was mayor of Stuttgart. What happened to Goerings daughter and Von Ribbentrops kids etc....

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 24 Apr 2003, 18:59

Sgt. Reese

Post by Sgt. Reese » 24 Apr 2003, 20:30

read: "my father's Keeper"

trower

Post by trower » 26 Apr 2003, 02:07

Thanks Ken,....I was able to find some interesting stuff as well as good sites on that thread.

Cheers!
Stuart

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 26 Apr 2003, 10:08

S'okay :) Feel free to add to it if you come across something new.

Cheers,

K.

Antti V

Post by Antti V » 26 Apr 2003, 21:39

I have readed one book about children of nazis. It was very interesting.
Book´s name is Born Guilty: Children of Nazi Families, written by Peter Sichrovsky. Highly recommended for all who are interested for social and mental effects of the nazis actions among their own families after war, when the truth about nature of nazis did come clear for interviewed children (adults in that time when book was done).

Here is review I succeeded to find:
http://www.epl.ca/TheSource/V6-1/EPLYABookReview.cfm

trower

Post by trower » 26 Apr 2003, 23:24

Antti V wrote:I have readed one book about children of nazis. It was very interesting.
Book´s name is Born Guilty: Children of Nazi Families, written by Peter Sichrovsky. Highly recommended for all who are interested for social and mental effects of the nazis actions among their own families after war, when the truth about nature of nazis did come clear for interviewed children (adults in that time when book was done).

Here is review I succeeded to find:
http://www.epl.ca/TheSource/V6-1/EPLYABookReview.cfm
Thanks Annti V, I read the review and found out the book is here at our main library in Saint John, New Brunswick.....looking forward to reading it. Thanks again for the info.

Stuart

RACPISA

Hitler's children

Post by RACPISA » 30 Apr 2003, 02:23

I read another good book on the subject; it is called "Hitler's children : sons and daughters of leaders of the Third Reich talk about their fathers and themselves" by Gerald Posner. He talks about a dozen kids including Goering's daughter, who is a brat, to Stauffenburg's son, who is very proud of his father's attempt to kill Hitler. It was really interesting and I would recommend it.

Scott Smith

Re: Hitler's children

Post by Scott Smith » 30 Apr 2003, 04:58

RACPISA wrote:Stauffenburg's son, who is very proud of his father's attempt to kill Hitler.
I wonder if Stauffenberg's son is proud of the other German officers that his father killed and maimed, such as Luftwaffe Chief-of-Staff Gunther Korten?
:)

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”