Salute to photo & biographical information contributors.

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Salute to photo & biographical information contributors.

Post by Michael Miller » 28 Apr 2003, 15:59

Gareth Colins, Jose Luis, VJK, AnDie, philmil, Greyfinn, Wojtek, Jeff Chrisman, Glenn Jewison, Shawn Bohannon, J.N. (Hans) Houterman, and numerous others- on behalf of all visitors to the Forum I'd like to thank you for your wonderful contributions! Thanks to your generous and tireless efforts, this Forum is fast becoming the finest online resource for such images and information.

Sincerely yours,
~ Mike Miller
Axis Biographical Research
Last edited by Michael Miller on 28 Jul 2003, 15:23, edited 3 times in total.

Gareth Collins

Post by Gareth Collins » 28 Apr 2003, 22:36

It's not a problem. I would like to return the thanks for this forum to be available to share information. These men of history should never be forgotton. From the military genious' to the genocidal maniacs these men should never be forgotten for entire different reasons but for equal importance. It's important to learn from history and build on it. I believe information should be free to everyone, not just those with fat wallets. It's a pleasure to be able to help someone who has less resources than myself. I am lucky enough that my father knew a certain MP here called John Hume, who I got to know very well, I once brought up the fact that I was interested in German History and he told me his friend Sean O'Huiginn had recently been made Irish Ambassador in Germany. Through their combined names I am able to unashamedly leech information from the Bundesarchiv :D I'll consult my guilt at a later stage, but it wanes somwhat when I can put the information online for everyone. There is nothing more pointless than a researcher with-holding information, it's arrogant and ignorant. Having a free online database on German Officers is my ultimate goal, I hope i don't steal Michael's views, but to have two online resources would be excellent from the armchair historian, to the student, to the ancestors, or those just dipping their toe together the Third Reich Factbook and Axis Biographical Research are the finest online source there is, it's forum filled with the most intelligent people from all walks of life from many countries. A noticible wane in another German Website (cough Feldgrau cough) shows that people will simple not put up with demands for money with updates once a year.
To Marcus, Michael, my friend Jürgen, VJK, Freiherr. My old friends from way back Bernhard and Ken McCanliss I Salute you all, and the others I haven't mentioned (if i forgot you, blame it on the brain not the heart).
Best Regards
gareth

Greyfinn

Post by Greyfinn » 28 Apr 2003, 22:51

Michael,
It's nice to be on yours "golden list" :D
I'd like add my thanks to All of You - active members.
I'm new member but think i'll be with You for a long time :) :)
Regards
Greyfinn

Stauffenberg II

Post by Stauffenberg II » 28 Apr 2003, 23:09

Although I am not a senior member I would also like to raise my voice to add Jeff and Glenn. I am deeply impressed by them, too.

Regards

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 29 Apr 2003, 16:23

I agree with Mike, it is members such as the one he listed as well as many others (to many to list here) who have made this forum the great resource it is today.

/Marcus

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”