Dr. Ernst Müller

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
woodyab

Dr. Ernst Müller

Post by woodyab » 27 Sep 2014, 00:25

Long time no see, you all. :thumbsup:
I came across, on a German site, reference to a Dr. Ernst Müller writing up quite a few diaries during his time on the Russian Front. He also kept a diary when he was in Stalingrad, although the diaries only begin for Stalingrad, 26/12/1942. Whether he had arrived there previously he may say in another diary, but the part of the diary on the internet, only mentions that he first saw the hospitals (in Stalingrad) that shocked him. He also states that he had working for him a Russian country doctor, two medical soldiers, two sisters, some Russian prisoners and cleaning ladies...
My questions are: Does anyone know anything about Müller? I have gone through my books on Stalingrad and the internet and came up with nothing. After the war he worked at the University Hospital of Cologne and headed a hospital in Gevelsberg. He died 9 July 2002. His wife bequeathed all his diaries. Also who were the sisters that were with him. I wonder were they Krankenschwesters?

There are a few anomalies in his diary entries shown on the internet, regarding dates and times, however that may be for another question time.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Tony

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Dr. Ernst Müller

Post by Dieter Zinke » 27 Sep 2014, 08:25

As a start - try
https://www.google.de/search?hl=de&sour ... nYp10FtaG0

Cheers and welcome back

Dieter Z.

Maverick57

Post by Maverick57 » 27 Sep 2014, 10:03

woodyab

Post by woodyab » 28 Sep 2014, 02:18

Dieter, I have already tried Google. de. Nothing new came up. But will keep looking.
Maverick 57, he was not killed in WW2, therefore that search is no good, but I do appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you both very much for your time.
I do wonder where the wife Karin placed the diaries for safekeeping (she did not sell them, which I thought was nice of her). I must find out where they are.
Thank you.
Tony

Maverick57

Post by Maverick57 » 28 Sep 2014, 11:26

woodyab wrote:Dieter, I have already tried Google. de. Nothing new came up. But will keep looking.
Maverick 57, he was not killed in WW2, therefore that search is no good, but I do appreciate your suggestions.
Tony
Hey Tony,

there you can require the bibliographical data and the personal records during their time in the forces. This does not matter if anybody is KIA. I did this for my grandfather who died serveral years ago and not in WWII.

woodyab

Post by woodyab » 04 Oct 2014, 08:38

Maverick, I misunderstood your reply, therefore I will check the site out again (properly). I have made an interesting discovery (I hope) about a nurse who may have served at Stalingrad. Her name is Rote-Kreuz-Schwester Elfriede Bartkoviak. I discovered that she has written a 120pp. book on her experiences on the Russian front. I cannot recall where I happened upon her in Stalingrad, but she was specifically mentioned as being there. Anyway I have ordered the book. Her name has changed to Elfriede Schade-Bartkoviak. Married name? The title of the book is:
Sag mir, wo die Blumen sind.... Unter der Schwesternhaube. Kriegserinnerungen einer DRK-Schwester im II. Weltkrieg an der Ostfront.
Is this a German nursery rhyme?
Anyway the book has been ordered...unfortunately my German is very basic so I may need some help with interpretation, Ha,ha.
OK, thanks for your help,
Tony

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”