A question about Berlin Olympics

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
chrisccoyle

Re: A question about Berlin Olympics

Post by chrisccoyle » 29 May 2003, 02:06

Did you know that the olypic torch relay was Hitlers idea, and when he told it to Gobi it was passed of as too hard, then Hitler said he would carry it the whole 1500Km himself if he had to, then it was taken seriously and became a reality, I believe it was the reason most torch bearers ran with the torch in the Right outstreached arm. All for the 1936 Games!

Hitler also commisioned the worlds first Televised sporting coverage and had the signals beamed into space, and commisioned the first big screen TV made up of many smaller TV's .

Polkovnik Sakharov wrote:Does anyone know what Hitler said when Jesse Owens won the race? I've got a small video clip with this episode, but unfortunately it's got no sound and anyway Hitler is sitting too far from the camera, but one can see that he isn't very pleased. I guess he said something like "verdammte Scheisse".

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”