Marinestoßtruppkompanie knights cross holders

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
keith A

Marinestoßtruppkompanie knights cross holders

Post by keith A » 16 Nov 2016, 17:05

Can anyone tell me if there were any MSK members awarded the RK for service on the Eastern Front and if so, where and when? I had thought that German naval infantry were only used as base troops but another post on this forum alerted me to a much more combat-oriented formation.

regards

Keith

keith A

Re: Marinestoßtruppkompanie knights cross holders

Post by keith A » 16 Nov 2016, 19:10

apologies, Just found this

http://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg/km/rk.htm

regards

Keith

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 16 Nov 2016, 19:26

....and what can you/we learn out of that? :? :|

Dieter Z.

keith A

Post by keith A » 17 Nov 2016, 08:59

Hoßfeld was awrded the RK IN 1944.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 17 Nov 2016, 15:35

You should always express yourself briefly, simply and clearly, but not confusingly :?
Hoßfeld was continously a member of the Marine-Artillerie and not of the Marine-Infanterie!
Nevertheless Hoßfeld's unit [Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung 531] introduces successfully landing operations in the Reval-Narwa area (September 1944) - giving reason for the award with the oakleaves.

Dieter Z.

keith A

Post by keith A » 18 Nov 2016, 14:50

I will try and meet your exacting standards in the future however as is often said in my country "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". I should indeed be more accurate, as it would obviously save you from the exacting task of scrutinizing my posts for minor infractions of your self-imposed rules. I am sure I echo many others when I say I do not appreciate being addressed as if I was an errant child and your disrespectful comments have the air of the pedant.

I did begin researching the naval infantry and the Marinestoßtruppkompanie and as is often the nature of these things Hoßfeld appeared during my research. Although Hoßfeld was MAA531 he did lead the Marine-Bataillon Hoßfeld earlier in 1944, which I assume was an infantry unit.

The site does state its a Naval site for those who won the Knights Cross and therefore an obvious avenue to find naval infantry winners. The connection was obscure but not undiscernible.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”