Maj. Behrend von Grass

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Rossano

Maj. Behrend von Grass

Post by Rossano » 04 Dec 2016, 18:30

Hello
So (as above) reads his Karteikarte, but by Mehner as "von Gras, gen. Behrend" whilst in Internet there is a "Behrend von Graß". I believe that Mehner is wrong, so Behrend von Graß correct (or Behrend von Grass) 1939-45 ?
Thanks, Rossano

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Maj. Behrend von Grass

Post by Dieter Zinke » 04 Dec 2016, 18:38

Rossano

Post by Rossano » 04 Dec 2016, 20:08

Danke sehr Dieter
strange, Mehner has him as "von Gras, gen. Behrend" and now the link reads "Behrend, gen. von Graß". Obviously I now believe that the name in the link is correct, but allow me pls. one last question, i. e. as his Karteikarte (and Internet) reads "Behrend von Grass (correct v. Graß)" is it possible that during WW2 his name was so changed (I mean without "gen.") ?
Rgds., Rossano

Rossano

Post by Rossano » 04 Dec 2016, 21:32

P.S.: this officer gives me more problems. His Karteikarte reads : march - august 1940 as "O2 Gen.Kdo. XX.AK". But this corps exhisted only from october 1940, so either the corps no. is wrong (in this case does somebody know which is the correct one ?) or maybe correct is "stv." Gen.Kdo (W.K.) ?
Later he became IIa/ON of this Wehrkreis XX (by the way, what does IIa/"ON" mean ?)

Rossano

Post by Rossano » 12 Mar 2022, 16:00

Hello
I found again this officer recently in 3 different lists of PV/HPA
twice as Behrend, gen. von Grass and once as Behrend, gen. von Graß
whilst in his 2 different Karteikarten
once as Behrend von Grass and once as Behrend von Grahs (probably meaning v. Graß....)
So, forget the above, my today question is only :
Behrend, gen. v. Grass (or v. Graß ?) or Behrend v. Grass (or v. Graß ?) correct ?
Thanks
P.S.: by the way, I am NOT allowed to enter the link above, why ?

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”