Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

need pic of Hartwig von Ludwiger

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections.
Hosted by Dieter Zinke & Elwyn W.

need pic of Hartwig von Ludwiger

Postby nguyenx on 07 Jun 2003 16:01

I like to see the pic of hartwig von ludwiger. Was he General der Infanterie?
nguyenx
Vietnam

Postby VJK on 07 Jun 2003 16:30

Hi nguyenx!

Attached is a pic of Ludwiger. I have yet to see a pic of him in General's uniform. Apparently he was promoted General der Infanterie in 1945, but again information is scarce on the subject.

Regards,

VJK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VJK
Latvia

Postby J.N. Houterman on 07 Jun 2003 16:57

As treat of the day: Von Ludwiger in general's uniform.

A promotion to General der Infanterie has apparently not been officially approved. Highest rank: Generalleutnant.

Regards.

Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J.N. Houterman
Netherlands

Postby Elwyn W on 07 Jun 2003 17:05

Paal Waland has a colour pic of him posted on his fantastic website, albeit in the uniform of a colonel.

Cheers
Freiherr
Elwyn W
Forum Staff
United States

Postby nguyenx on 07 Jun 2003 17:11

Thank VJK Houtemann Freiherr
I think that Ludwiger was promoted General d. Inf in April, 1945, but the date did not know. Who know correctly about his bio?
nguyenx
Vietnam

Postby VJK on 07 Jun 2003 17:16

Hi!

I suspect that Ludwiger is amongst the handful of General rank officers who may (or may not) have received promotions on April 20th, 1945 (e.g. Karl Wolff, Hans Pruetzmann) but for whom there is a lack of written confirmation.

Thanks very much Hans for that photo of Ludwiger in General's uniform - I was hoping that my comment might elicit such a pic!
Regards,

VJK
VJK
Latvia

Postby Xavier on 13 Nov 2003 22:24

Ludwiger (v.) Hartwig (RK)

a ebay album with several pictures of him:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=36048

regards

Xavier
the link scrounger
Xavier
Financial supporter
Mexico

Return to Axis Biographical Research