DATES OF ITALIAN WAFFEN-SS LEADERS

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Jérôme

DATES OF ITALIAN WAFFEN-SS LEADERS

Post by Jérôme » 21 Jul 2003, 18:09

HI,

Who knows dates of birthor Death of :
Brif MANNELLI, Piero (10/07/1896) (Italian)
Staf CELEBRANO, Enzo (+25/04/1945) (Italian)
Ostubaf FILIPPANI-RONCONI, Pio Born ??? DEAD ??? (Italian)
Regards
ROUILLE

FB

Re: DATES OF ITALIAN WAFFEN-SS LEADERS

Post by FB » 22 Jul 2003, 14:02

ROUILLE wrote:HI,

Who knows dates of birthor Death of :
Brif MANNELLI, Piero (10/07/1896) (Italian)
Ostubaf FILIPPANI-RONCONI, Pio Born ??? DEAD ??? (Italian)
Regards
ROUILLE
Hi, the only thing I was able to find (till now) is about Pio Filippani-Ronconi.

He was born in Spain (no date, sorry). His mother was Spanish and was killed during the Spanish War.

He served in North Africa and was wounded twice, decorated and promoted on the field.

He returned in Italy and was there at Sept. the 8th, 1943. He became Orderly Officer to Mr. BARRACU, undersecretary in the RSI Government.

But he wanted to fight, so he left this position. He reached the first Waffen-SS unit he could find and enrolled there as a simple soldier.

As far as i know he is still alive. He wrote many books (philosophy) and is a very knowledgable man. He speaks Sanscit, Aramaic, Turkish, Arab, Persian, German, Spanish. He also wrote two articles for "Il Corriere della Sera" (the main Italian newspaper) but this collaboration ended when at least one reader wrote to another journalist of the newspaper indicating him as a Nazi.

His after war occupations are a little bit misterious, someone indicates him as a collaborator of the secret services (Italian), and maybe involved/in knowledge of some of the most obscure facts of post war Italy.

Best Regards
Attachments
Ronconi.jpg
Ronconi.jpg (21.19 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

Georges M. Croisier

Collar's insign

Post by Georges M. Croisier » 22 Jul 2003, 22:38

This officer is wearing a very unusual collar insign.
What is it ?
Usually, the Italian's SS were wearing uniforms of the Fascist Social Republic and holding the italian ranks and not the SS. Any information about this ?
thanks in advance.

SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 22 Jul 2003, 23:07

The story of Filippani-Ronconi sounds very interesting. I'd love to hear more about him! Is there any possibility to get in contact with him?

Best wishes
Florian

HPL2008

Re: Collar's insign

Post by HPL2008 » 22 Jul 2003, 23:28

Georges M. Croisier wrote:This officer is wearing a very unusual collar insign.
What is it ?
Usually, the Italian's SS were wearing uniforms of the Fascist Social Republic and holding the italian ranks and not the SS. Any information about this ?
thanks in advance.
The only source I am aware of that contains any info on this particular collar patch is the WSSOB website, from which the following quote is lifted:
"Vendetta" battalion collar patch; Patch based on the "Antroposofia" movement - a quasi-occult fascist pesudo-philosophy taught at Wewelsburg Castle. The three arrows represent "Wollen-Wissen-Konnen" (will, knowledge, and action) united by the yoke.
The link is: http://www.wssob.com/029divita.html

As for the uniforms: The Italian SS wore SS-style insignia, but those were applied to Italian uniforms. The most noticeable difference in the insignia was that the eagle depicted on the sleeve and cap insignia clutched a bundle of Fasces instead of a swastika; furthermore, the Italian SS initially used a red backing for all their insignia instead of black.

Some examples of Italian SS insignia are here:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... ht=italian

FB

Insigna

Post by FB » 23 Jul 2003, 08:53

The only thing I was able to find out about Italian SS insigna is, as it has already been mentioned, that initially they wore red collar tabs.

When their behavoiur (two Btlns did quite well around Anzio) was judged positively by the Germans they were considered to be real Waffen-SS and the Brigade was granted all the rights of a normal Waffen-SS man. So they were entitled to wear theyr unit collar badge (the one shown in the picture) on the right collar. The collar shown is acually the official one of the Italian Waffen-SS Brigade.

Best regards.
Last edited by FB on 23 Jul 2003, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

FB

Post by FB » 23 Jul 2003, 08:55

Florian wrote:The story of Filippani-Ronconi sounds very interesting. I'd love to hear more about him! Is there any possibility to get in contact with him?

Best wishes
Florian
I'm sorry but I really don't know if such a possibilty exists.

Best regards

gabriel pagliarani

Re: Collar's insign

Post by gabriel pagliarani » 23 Jul 2003, 10:05

...."Vendetta" battalion collar patch; Patch based on the "Antroposofia" movement - a quasi-occult fascist pesudo-philosophy taught at Wewelsburg Castle. The three arrows represent "Wollen-Wissen-Konnen" (will, knowledge, and action) united by the yoke.....
The same echelon was largely used by Generalissimo Franco in Spain: both Italian and Spanish fascist air force's planes wore the "3 arrows". Consequently "Wollen Wissen Konen" (from "veni, vidi,vici") 3 arrows echelon was not a "quasi occult fascist tought". At least, it was as well known as fasce or svastika.

Luca

Post by Luca » 23 Jul 2003, 22:42

="ROUILLE"

The morning of the 26 April 45 a group of partisans, the Rag. Luciano Inganni, the Avv. Lorenzo Spallino and the Dr. Vittorio Borghi contact the Colonnelo Enzo Celebrano Waffen-Standartefuhrer und Kommandeur that have he Comando in Villa Crespi in the town of Alzate Brianza ,approx 6 Km east of city of Cantu' in direction of Erba for offer the surrender.
Col.Celebrano no accept.

In the same place and the same day but in the afternoon the Col.Celebrano recive from the partisans as menace if no accept surrender, the piastrine di riconoscimento (little plate of identification ???) of the Capitains Corrado Bettini, Marco Mutti, and Annibale Rosati, all kills in actions in Cantu' near Fiammenghini street some hours before,probable in the same time of the surrender meeting.

So appare that he no dead the 25/04/1945.
During these facts Col.Celebrano have 38 years.
Concern he fate for the moment i can say that he go in alley concentration camp and in the prison of Como with he son, SS Mann Angelo Celebrano.
Can i ask why You need these informations?
Best Regards
Luca

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”