Himmler Diary?

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Blacksilver

Himmler Diary?

Post by Blacksilver » 23 Jul 2003, 16:08

Hello,

please excuse my poor english. I've got a question: Is there a diary written by Himmler later than 1926?
I 've read a book: Alan Wykes, "Reinhard Heydrich". I've read it in german language. It was first published in USA. The author mentioned a few times a diary of Himmler. It contains the thoughts of the RFSS for example about Heydrich. Does such a diary exist?

I know that there are diaries of the young Himmler from 1914 to 1926, but later? Who can me tell me more details, what is the source of "Alan Wykes"?

regards, blacksilver

Svennie

Post by Svennie » 23 Jul 2003, 20:52

Hello,
I don't know if Himmler kept a personal diary after 1926, but you may want to check " Der Dienstkalender des Heinrich Himmler" which is sort of his official diary, telling where he went and whom he spoke to.

Viele Grüsse

Sven

Melnyk

Himmler Diary

Post by Melnyk » 25 Jul 2003, 21:54

Himmler kept an 'office diary' with daily entries for various years. Parts of this are available at several research centres including the Imperila War Museum in London.

I have copies of every entry from mid 1943 - end August 1944. these are not tha good as his handwriting is very hard to read and some is in Gothic script.

" Der Dienstkalender des Heinrich Himmler" was published sometime ago and covers the first half of teh war years (that is when the decision to Kill the JEws was made), but it stops short.

The final section (that is late 1944-1945) is currently under preparation by a couple of researchers including Steve Tyas. The information has been taken from many different and reliable sources. Steve has spent many yeras working on Einstz' D, and his book when it is finished is sure to be superb. There is no doubt the second part of the Himmler diary will be to a similar standard.

Mike Melnyk

Viele Grüsse

Sven

Glenn A. Steinberg

Re: Himmler Diary

Post by Glenn A. Steinberg » 26 Jul 2003, 01:40

Melnyk wrote:...I have copies of every entry from mid 1943 - end August 1944. these are not tha good as his handwriting is very hard to read and some is in Gothic script.

" Der Dienstkalender des Heinrich Himmler" was published sometime ago and covers the first half of teh war years (that is when the decision to Kill the JEws was made), but it stops short....
I would be incredibly grateful if someone could do one of two things for me.

Either
1.) give me full bibliographical information on "Der Dienstkalender des Heinrich Himmler" (e.g., editor, publisher, year published, ISBN),
or
2.) look up any existing entries in Himmler's records for early March 1943 (from, say, March 1 to March 15, 1943).

I would love to find out where Himmler was and what he was doing in early March 1943. Was he in Berlin, at Rastenburg, at Vinnitsa (with Hitler), somewhere else? Did he personally coordinate the Grossfahndung (National Alert) that had begun on March 6, 1943? If so, from where (Berlin, Rastenburg, somewhere else)?

Melnyk

Post by Melnyk » 31 Jul 2003, 23:30

Der Dienstkalender Heinrich Himmlers 1941/42, Christians, Hbg., 1999.

Should be available via AMAZON

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”