Looking for KC holder pictures! Depending on YOU ;-)

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 18 Apr 2006, 22:09

Mr. Smith~

In reply to your "WTF?", please see my last post.

This issue is discussed in some detail here: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... +copyright

Best wishes,
~ Mike

Winston Smith

Post by Winston Smith » 19 Apr 2006, 00:10

Michael Miller wrote:This may seem heavy-handed, but I have deleted four posts in this thread, as the photos included therein are the well-known color portraits taken by Walter Frentz (whose son vigorously protects the copyright to those images).

I'm sure there are many more such images posted to various forums here, and I will, unfortunately, have to delete these as well if and when I find them.

With sincere regret, but in the best interests of AHF,
~ Mike Miller
Thanks, didn't know that, however next time it will be nice to give explanetion when I re-check this thread my posts were simply gone without any explenetion and hence my previous post.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 19 Apr 2006, 00:22

No problem, but I posted the explanation immediately after deleting the posts.

~ Mike

Gareth Collins

Post by Gareth Collins » 19 Apr 2006, 04:46

Do those still hold copywrite? I am under the impression any still taken loses its copywrite after 50 years as per the Berne Convention unless considered a work of art in itself. Perhaps they have argued that as they are in color, they are works of art, which then throws the question, is a Nazi State Photo allowed to be considered a work of art. Damned confusing stuff.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 19 Apr 2006, 05:30

Mostly erring on the side of caution here, Gareth- not my area of expertise, and I'm deferring to Max Williams' greater fluency on the subject of photographic copyright.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

Winston Smith

Post by Winston Smith » 19 Apr 2006, 11:28

Michael Miller wrote:No problem, but I posted the explanation immediately after deleting the posts.

~ Mike
Well it's wasn't there when I re-enter the topic and saw that all my posts were gone.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 19 Apr 2006, 14:39

My apologies for any stress, trauma, or anguish that my delay of several seconds may have caused you.

~ Mike

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”