Brandenburg's RKT

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Peter H

Post by Peter H » 28 Oct 2007, 06:22

From Dieter

Erich Röseke

Nacht

Post by Nacht » 03 Feb 2008, 14:29

An addition...

Oberstleutnant Hermann Schulte-Heuthaus, Heeres Kom. Kradschützen Btl. 25 (DAK) Oberstleutnant
KC, January 23, 1942 but took over the unit on May 1, 1941 and was Kom. until February 28, 1942.

Schulte-Heuthaus was added to Rommel's Stab on March 23, 1942 (he is commonly seen by the side of Rommel) and his planning was elemental in the advance eastward on May 25, 1942 which took the DAK (Panzer Armee AFRIKA) to El Alamein...

Schulte-Heuthaus also planned the Rommel-like raid through the passes in Tunisia... on July 7, 1943 he took over the Fusilier Rgt. "Grossdeutschland" and was wounded. Then later assumed the Panzer Grenadier Rgt. "Brandenburg"

Next,there are two different DAK / Brandenburg Koehnen's... one a supply Captain (without the 'von') and the other the Oberstleutnant pictured per Kurowski... and this is quite confusing when reading the different texts on the NA activities.

Peter H

Post by Peter H » 04 Feb 2008, 04:52

Thanks Nacht.

Hermann Schulte-Heuthaus from Kurowski's Knight's Cross Holders of the Afrikakorps.
Attachments
athene-53jeh4t0lxg1af61ni03_layout.jpg
posted by Dieter Zinke, 04.02.08
athene-53jeh4t0lxg1af61ni03_layout.jpg (22.57 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
hsh.jpg
hsh.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 1345 times

Nacht

Kurowski's Brandenburgers

Post by Nacht » 04 Feb 2008, 06:39

Look in Kurowski's Brandenburger's about their efforts in NA... I really wish we could clear up the discussion of Koehnen's in NA... the supply captain is of more interest to me personally as he is a bit lost to history... he is referred to in the first paragraph in the text on activities in 'AFRIKA'.

I have a photo series of his group to share that we will work through at the http://www.AFRIKAKORPS.Org and also share here...They did a lot of sharing and trading to get on the good side of the locals and many were also speakers of the native dialects to boot.

There is a point of equipment reference that I might share as our AANA group have a personal journal set and logs from our supply captain and he refers to several bits about the goods and equipment that were made available to the z.v.B

It is noted as a point of major interest in a heretofore unknown duo of vehicle types that might have actually been in service in Tunisia. His photo-album and journal set has a duo of Schwimmwagens being transferred off ship and back onto ship as well as another duo of the Schwimmwagen (of four allocated and actually in Monacco with the HG Stab at the time for transfer) being shipped in with the Kom. Stab of the HG and attached to the SD.Kfz. 251/17 Kp. We additionally obtained a photograph that is claimed to be of an RSO in a park in Tunis in the last week of March 1943...Saada Park in Tunis, Tunisia or entrainment areas near Sidi Bou Said (the 'point' tree lined park area near the water in northeast Tunis).

These two entries should be of interest as the group was nearly immediately attached to Kampfgruppe Koehnen and of two vehicle types that have always been said to not have been on African soil... but this forum is a type of sister site with many friends here and all of our AANA members appear to also be members here so we might share these findings to delve deeper into the research side of what we both are basically about. Finding the truth! Hope this is of interest to many here... and that others might help us delve into the other Koehnen!

Peter H

Post by Peter H » 04 Feb 2008, 08:51

Nacht

I've split your Knight's Cross Holders NA as a separate topic.

Excellent research and http://www.AFRIKAKORPS.Org should also be mentioned as an excellent resource.

Regards
Peter

K.Kocjancic

Re: Brandenburg's RKT

Post by K.Kocjancic » 23 Jun 2021, 07:37

Does anyone have a list of Branderburgers, that were decorated with EK II/EK I in early part of the war (for actions before Barbarossa)?

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”