Need help !!!!!!

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
wojtask

Need help !!!!!!

Post by wojtask » 19 Oct 2004, 20:16

Hi!

I'm desparately trying to find any information about my grandfather's brohter- Alfons Glazik (born in 1922 in Poland) who served in German Army during the 1944 year. He was enlisted in 1944 and served in some Artillery unit. That unit was located in Trier, Germany. That's all I know.
Does anyone can help me in finding sources of information, archives etc. ??
I heard that there was some kind of organisation that gathered information about missing and killed German soldiers but I couldn't find it either ;(

I will be very appreciate for any help
Best regards
Wojciech Konieczka
Poznań, Poland

henryk

Post by henryk » 19 Oct 2004, 21:31

The Polish Red Cross will help:

http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/p ... 24400.html
From Sophia:
You may wish to write to the following organizations to ask about your relatives:

#1 Polish Red Cross searches for victims of World War II, military conflicts, internal conflicts and natural disasters. E-mail for the Polish Red Cross=Polski Czerwony Krzyz is: [email protected] or send a letter to:

Polski Czerwony Krzyz
Zarzad Glowny
00-561 Warszawa
ul. Mokotowska 14, skr. poczt. 47
Poland

If you send an e-mail, provide your address because they'll probably respond via a letter. Provide as much information as you have. They are obligated to search for people missing due to World War II. I have noticed that a member of this forum has gotten a positive reply from the Polish Red Cross, although the process took several months.

If it's possible that your relatives are missing due to the actions of the Soviet Union during WWII, try http://www.karta.org.pl It's an organization that documents the treatment of Polish citizens by the Russians during WWII and later. They have an extensive listing (over 600,000 names) of Poles murdered and persecuted by the Russians. Once the website comes up, you can click on the British flag to get an English version of parts of the website. You can also send an e-mail in English to [email protected] and ask them about any records they have on your relatives. In case they don't have any information, ask them where else you could write to get information.

wojtask

Need help !!!!!!

Post by wojtask » 12 Jan 2005, 18:21

Thank you very much Henryk (or just maybe Dziekuje bardzo ;)

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”