Gen d. Kav Phillip Kleffel

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
genstab

Gen d. Kav Phillip Kleffel

Post by genstab » 02 Jun 2005, 20:08

I got into a fine mess in trying to determine the commander of XXX. AK at the end of the war. Every source I consult gets me more confused. Gen. Kleffel was in command until probably 20-3-45 when he became stellv. Fuehrer 25. Armee. Apparently GenLt Erich Diestel became Fuhrer XXX. AK in his absence (also Armeeabt. Kleffel), but when Gen. Kleffel's acting command of 25. Armee ended I can't determine. Did the Army become Fortress Holland or OB Niederlande on 7 Apr- or did the AOK remain in existence commanded now by GenOb Blaskowitz (simultaneously with his command of OB Niederlande)- or did Gen. Kleffel retain the acting command of 25. Armee? And if so did Gen. Diestel retain acting command of XXX. AK (Armeeabt. Kleffel) till the war's end or did Gen. Kleffel resume command? I have a Stellenbesatzung showing Kleffel as Stellv. Fuehrer 25. Armee and Diestel at XXX. AK (Armeeabt. Kleffel) on 24.4.45. If anyone has the definitive answer to all this I would be really grateful for your help.

Best regards,
Genstab
holding my head in Oregon

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”