What ever happen to the remains of Joseph Goebbels children?

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Consdaple

What ever happen to the remains of Joseph Goebbels children?

Post by Consdaple » 04 Aug 2005, 00:08

Hello to everyone,

This has really been bugging me for sometime now. What ever happen to Joseph and Magda Goebbels children after their remains were discovered by the Russians? Did they receive a decent burial? Or were they also cremated and ashes scattered in an unknown place?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Michael

Durand

Post by Durand » 04 Aug 2005, 21:28

Hallo,

The story is that the bodies found at the Chancellery (the Hitlers, the Goebbels and their children) were eventually interred at a spot near Madgeburg in 1946. Fearing the bodies would eventually be discovered, Leonid Brezhnev or Yuriy Andropov (stories vary) ordered all the bodies to be exhumed in 1970, the remains burned, and the ashes scattered.

Regards,

Durand

WOLF1

Post by WOLF1 » 04 Aug 2005, 21:36

This is all i cound find.... source is Wikpedia ( so take it with a grain of salt)

After their children were dead, Magda and Joseph had walked upstairs to the bombed out garden (she is said to have been shaking uncontrollably), avoiding the need for anyone to carry their bodies, where they were shot by an SS trooper at their own request (or according to another account, Joseph shot Magda and then himself). Their bodies were doused in petrol, only partially burnt and not buried. The charred corpses were found on the afternoon of May 2, 1945 by Russian troops and a photograph of Joseph Goebbels' incinerated face was widely published. Their remains and those of their children were later secretly buried (together with those of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun) by the Soviets and in April 1970 all were reburned and scattered in the Elbe river.

p.s dont beleve the Hitler & Eva thing the Soviets only found a few pieces of AH's scull and jawbone. But they really did find JG & MG and the kids o I think that may be the truth.
Wolf1

Winston Smith

Post by Winston Smith » 05 Aug 2005, 00:26

From what I know what left of Hitler body is now in Moscow.

Durand

Post by Durand » 05 Aug 2005, 00:40

Hallo,

I see that I forgot to list the sources for the information in my earlier post. They are Nemesis: Hitler 1936-1945 by Ian Kershaw and The Death of Hitler by Ada Petrova and Peter Watson.

Regards,

Durand

Drobjatski Sergei

Post by Drobjatski Sergei » 05 Aug 2005, 10:27

Here is an old thread about Hitler's remains...

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... ht=#688473

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”