German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Edward L. Hsiao

German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 13 Sep 2005, 08:53

Gentlemen,

Can you name any Heer or Luftwaffe generals or Kriegsmarine admirals that won the German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class during World War II? Oh,I shouldn't forget about general ranking officers of the Waffen-SS. I'm a neck order fan!

Sincerely,

Edward

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 13 Sep 2005, 13:46

Here is a start;
SS Obgf Karl Freiherr von Eberstein
SS Obgf Reinhard Heydrich
SS Gf Erich Hilgenfeldt 17.8.1939
SS Ogf Karl Wolff 28.5.40
SS Gf Dr Hermann Behrends
Phil Nix

Edward L. Hsiao

Four Types of German Neck Orders

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 14 Sep 2005, 00:50

Gentlemen,

The four types of German neck orders awarded to Germans themselves during WWII were the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross,the Knight's Cross of the War Service Cross,the German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class,and the mysterious German Order which was awarded rarely. The Grand Cross of the Iron Cross doesn't count because it was only awarded once and that was to Hermann Wilhelm Goering. I don't suppose there was a list of Red Cross/Social Welfare Decoration First Class that was awarded to Germans only? Ah well, take you time.

Sincerely,

Edward

P.S.: Make that five German neck orders. The Knight's Cross of the War Service Cross with Swords and the one without them!

Edward L. Hsiao

Erich Hippke

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 16 Sep 2005, 05:12

Gentlemen,

I only know one Luftwaffe general that won the German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class. No date of the award has been found. He was Generaloberstabsarzt (Prof. Dr. med.) Erich Hippke. I know there had to be more than one Luftwaffe general that was a recipient of German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class.

Sincerely,

Edward

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Erich Hippke

Post by Dieter Zinke » 16 Sep 2005, 11:52

Edward L. Hsiao wrote:Gentlemen,

I only know one Luftwaffe general that won the German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class. No date of the award has been found. He was Generaloberstabsarzt (Prof. Dr. med.) Erich Hippke. I know there had to be more than one Luftwaffe general that was a recipient of German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class.
Sincerely,
Edward
Edward,
I think you are mistaken for the "Ehrenzeichen des deutschen Roten Kreuzes", 1. Klasse !!
Indeed there were many Generalärzte ( who ??) with this award, for example Meinardus !

Dieter Z.

Bernd R

Re: German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class

Post by Bernd R » 23 Nov 2008, 19:48

Stumbled upon this older topic. Any further input which could be added also to the "civil awards project" over in the "NSDAP..." forum ?

Bernd

Bernd R

Re: German Social Welfare Decoration 1st Class

Post by Bernd R » 23 Jan 2009, 19:55

push

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”