Herman Goering and Methadone

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Kommandant
Banned

Post by Kommandant » 12 Oct 2005, 02:02

is it true that methadone was created by German scientists at the insistence of Herman Goering? and if so, what did he think of it once he tried it, did he prefer morphine or methadone? which was his opiate of choice?

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Herman Goering and Methadone

Post by Dieter Zinke » 12 Oct 2005, 09:41

Kommandant wrote:is it true that methadone was created by German scientists at the insistence of Herman Goering?
Sorry, this is higher nonsense !! With regard to the history of the medicine as well as to the historical research.

Dieter Zinke, MD
Seit 1987 wird in der Bundesrepublik zunehmend die Substitutionsbehandlung von Opiatabhängigen mit Methadon durchgeführt.
Methadon was introduced in germany in 1987. Hermann Göring died 1946.

Kommandant
Banned

Post by Kommandant » 14 Oct 2005, 06:29

sorry, Dieter, but you are wrong. methadone was invented in Germany during the war because there was a shortage of morphine, and also supposedly at the insistence of Herman Goering. i'm not sure that it was created at Goering's insistence, which is why i was asking, but i am sure that methadone was created in Germany during World War 2. look it up.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Herman Goering and Methadone

Post by Dieter Zinke » 14 Oct 2005, 18:59

Kommandant wrote:sorry, Dieter, but you are wrong. methadone was invented in Germany during the war because there was a shortage of morphine, and also supposedly at the insistence of Herman Goering. i'm not sure that it was created at Goering's insistence, which is why i was asking, but i am sure that methadone was created in Germany during World War 2. look it up.
Sorry, but the invention is not the same as the installation for therapeutics or substitution.
Indeed methadone was developped by IG-Farben. But first of all the substance was not suitable for human therapeutics then.
I think, I have a little bit insight into the topic, I began 1958 in Heidelberg to be a medical student.
Nonsense remains nonsense, forget it.

Dieter Z.

Kommandant
Banned

Post by Kommandant » 15 Oct 2005, 08:53

you could've explained that in your first post, there's no need to get hateful about it.

stcamp
In memoriam

Post by stcamp » 15 Oct 2005, 13:13

Doktor Zinke,

This is off topic but as your a Doctor in Germany perhaps you can answer these questions or suggest reading.

1. Was there ever any studies done on Post Traumatic Stress and the German WWII veteran?

2. Do you have any observations based on your experience about this subject?

3. Were there any studies done on how returning German POW's adjusted?

4. Were there any studies on done on the effects of the war and Post Traumatic Stress for the civilian population?

Thank you,

Steve

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 15 Oct 2005, 14:44

Hallo steve,

the literature (books, monographs, congresses, dissertations etc.) is very extensive and no more to survey.
The best address for further informations is surely:

Deutsche Zentralbibliothek für Medizin (zb med)
D - 50924 Köln
Köln-Lindenthal
Joseph-Stelzmann-Straße 9

http://www.zbmed.de/a-dv/dv-liefer.html
[email protected]
Telefax 0221 4 78 5697
Dokumentenlieferdienst 0221 478 7121

Dieter Zinke

stcamp
In memoriam

Post by stcamp » 16 Oct 2005, 02:36

Thank you Dieter.