Identification of German soldiers needed

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Violeta

Identification of German soldiers needed

Post by Violeta » 14 Oct 2005, 16:31

Any idea of who these German soldiers are? The picture was taken in France.

Thanks in advance,
Violeta
Attachments
Unknown.jpg
Unknown.jpg (4.52 KiB) Viewed 560 times

Violeta

Post by Violeta » 15 Oct 2005, 20:31

Dear all,

This question was already raised some time ago (in 2003!; cf. http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=77030).

Some individuals in this forum began then making off-topic comments: didn`t Soviet troops commit any rapes? How can we be sure the picture is real? And a long etcetera you can check by yourselves by following the mentioned link.

But the question was, and still is, that we don`t know to which division, regiment, etc. did these charming soldiers belonged, not to speak about their precise identification.

So, come on, take some distance from those disguised revisionists and help me identify them.

Regards,
Violeta

Gareth Collins

Post by Gareth Collins » 15 Oct 2005, 22:02

Identifying these men is going to be very hard indeed. In regards to questioning the 'rape' claims, these photos do not prove anything by themselves. That is not to say it never happened, or indeed the claims are false, just that these photos show smiling soldiers and a female leg. If it were different soldiers at a different location from a different country, another conclusion could have easily been made.

I am unsure as to the identity of the men, sorry.

Violeta

Post by Violeta » 16 Oct 2005, 11:28

Thanks Gareth.

The picture I posted is only one of many taken by these same soldiers that day. As I am sure you'll understand, I cannot and want not to post, for respect to M. Cohn's memory, any other pictures.

What do you mean you are "unsure" about the identity of these men. Do you have a guess?
Please tell me.

Best regards,
Violeta

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”