Hitler, methamphetamine addiction?

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
corleone

Hitler, methamphetamine addiction?

Post by corleone » 02 Nov 2005, 18:50

I have heard and read many times that Adolf Hitler was a methamphetamine addict, and was given a daily injection of Meth along with a plethora of other drugs.

I have never seen this claim backed up by a reliable source, which brings to post this question here.

does anyone know if this is true, and has a reliable source to validate this?

thankyou for your time.

Miha Grcar

Post by Miha Grcar » 02 Nov 2005, 19:08

I remember Hugh Trevor Roper touched this topic in his The Last Days of Hitler where he also describes his doctors and their "treatment" of their pacient.

best,
Miha / Nibelung

Daniel Laurent

Post by Daniel Laurent » 04 Nov 2005, 15:19

IMHO, all those stories are legend.
AH was not drinking, not smoking, was a vegetarian, etc...
All the numerous attempts to portray him as an addict, a psychopath, etc... are groundless.
He was in full clear command till the last day.
Regards
Daniel

Miha Grcar

Post by Miha Grcar » 04 Nov 2005, 15:29

Daniel, I dare to doubt your claims.

The book above gave a good example of how Hitler was slowly becoming more and more dependant on drugs; take a cold for an example - one has to get over the cold if he gets it, but Hitler's doctors would give him injections of god-knows-what and he would feel better. Now, if you do that every time your imune system would have to collapse and stop working as it should, since there is no need for it anymore - the drugs would replace it completely.

Take this example, his strange biorythm, long hours of work and the constant strain...I see no reason why we couldn't say that he was using amphetamines (it is a possibility that he didn't even know that he was given some).

just my two cents...

best,
Miha / Nibelung

Daniel Laurent

Post by Daniel Laurent » 04 Nov 2005, 16:01

Nibelung wrote:Daniel, I dare to doubt your claims
The simple fact that you "dare" to doubt my claim and didn't shoot at my claim with a panzerfaust or a panzerschreck made my day, Nibelung
:lol:
What I meant is that whatever one may prove re. Hitler addiction to something, whatever it was, had strictly no influence on the outcome: He was in full command till the last day.
With the help of his two associates till the last day, whatever legend may come out about them, i.e. Heinrich Himmler and Hermann Goering, the later being also an addict to something.
Full command.
Till the end.
That one, don't dare, I have sources
:P
Regards
Daniel

Miha Grcar

Post by Miha Grcar » 04 Nov 2005, 18:45

With that one I agree fully - he had total control, no doubt about that!

I was thinking more about the "clear" which refered to the sanity of his command rather than the "clear" in the reference to his limitless power.

:)

Have a good day sir,
Miha / Nibelung

Daniel Laurent

Post by Daniel Laurent » 05 Nov 2005, 09:00

Nibelung wrote:I was thinking more about the "clear" which refered to the sanity of his command
Have a good day sir,
Miha / Nibelung
Don't call me Sir, otherwise I will call you Your Highness :roll:

That's an interesting question: Would any type of drugs had impaired the sanity of Hitler judgment.
My own personal opinion being that Hitler was somehow insane since the 20's, I don't think so.
Clever, organised, focused, master in men manipulation, guru in political marketing but somehow somewhere sort of insane since day one.
Regards
Daniel

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”