Help identify RK, DKiG owner!

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Matt Gibbs

Post by Matt Gibbs » 19 Dec 2005, 20:34

Not sure, but I know he surrendered to the Russians on 10.5.45 with Hilpert.
Could have been a reason to get rid of his awards. Very hard to prove they are his though.
Regards
MGibbs

Richards

Post by Richards » 19 Dec 2005, 22:16

Matt Gibbs wrote:Not sure, but I know he surrendered to the Russians on 10.5.45 with Hilpert.
Could have been a reason to get rid of his awards. Very hard to prove they are his though.
Regards
MGibbs
At this moment he is the ONLY ONE (who I was able to trace)who had this combination of awards in Kurland and who was not killed and who didn't escape from Kurland. There is few more names with similar(but not exact) awards.
This is why I am asking somebody to take a look on ribbon bar I've recovered from water and list of Kirchensittenbach awards.

DRm

Post by DRm » 24 Dec 2005, 23:51

License plate SS-219716 belongs to 1 SS Panzer Division 'Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler'
if this can help you ...

Richards

Re: ..

Post by Richards » 25 Dec 2005, 19:26

DRm wrote:License plate SS-219716 belongs to 1 SS Panzer Division 'Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler'
if this can help you ...
May I ask where from comes this information? I'm very sceptical, because I never heard 1 SS Panzer Division 'Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler' were in Latvia and especial in Kurland, as much I know at the end of war they were in Western front.

I'll have to say honestly that I have no idea whose license plate it is. There was guy in Germany who said doing serious research on these items. So he said that license plate belongs to Walther Kruger stuff and Knights Cross also is his and rest of items belongs to somebody else. I do not believe in such coincidences that two high rank officers threw SOME awards in same plece but rest of them threw somewhere else(it doesn't sound logical)
Plus Kruger had oak leaves, but "my" cross has loop.
I'm more than sure that these medals belonged to one person and at this moment only candidate is Volkamer von Kirchensittenbach, commander of 16th army.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”