Suicide Methods

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Kommandant
Banned

Suicide Methods

Post by Kommandant » 31 Jan 2006, 08:06

what are the different methods that Nazis used to kill them themselves other than Hitler, Goring, Goebbels, and Grawitz? i know that Goring took cyanide in his jail cell and that Hitler and Goebbels used a combination of cyanide and shooting themselves and that Dr Ernst Grawitz used 2 grenades to kill himself and his family. which makes me wonder if his wife and/or his children knew what he was gonna do or if he just did it without asking them. but many other Nazis, among them Dr. Heinz Thilo and Dr. August Hirt, also killed themselves but i've never found anything telling what method they used. does anyone know the ways in which other Nazis besides Hitler, Goring, Goebbels, and Grawitz killed themselves?

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 31 Jan 2006, 11:06

I am glad you are well Kommandant. I raced to open up this thread as quick as I could when I read the title in case you were maybe suicidal as I was going to try and talk you out of it, but glad to hear you are not depressed or anything and are just looking for some information :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best wishes,

DAVID

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 31 Jan 2006, 11:40

Potsdamer Platz wrote:I am glad you are well Kommandant. I raced to open up this thread as quick as I could when I read the title in case you were maybe suicidal as I was going to try and talk you out of it, but glad to hear you are not depressed or anything and are just looking for some information :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best wishes,

DAVID
Hehehe I was thinking the same!

They used bullets the majority I think.

Jacky Kingsley

Post by Jacky Kingsley » 31 Jan 2006, 21:27

Hi Kommandant
Tresckow (one of the failed suicide group) committed suicide by blowing himself up with a hand-grenade (Prittie 247) and his body was burnt in front of Schlabrendorff in an effort to make him reveal what he knew. (Prittie 250/251)
Jacky

WOLF1

Post by WOLF1 » 01 Feb 2006, 01:29

Many ordinary citizens and a few prominent ones used hanging as a way end their lives.
There are many accounts of this during the battle of Berlin in 45.

Wolf1 (John)

Kommandant
Banned

Suicide Methods

Post by Kommandant » 01 Feb 2006, 12:10

lol. nah, i wasn't looking for info on how to do it myself, i just wanted to know the various ways the Nazis did it. i'm fascinated with details of the Nazis' personal lives, especially the ones you don't hear very much about, such as alot of the doctors. and i couldn't believe that nobody had made a thread about this before so i decided to do it myself. and i forgot to mention Eduard Wirths in my first post. he tried to hang himself in jail after he was captured by the British but was found and cut down. apparently he severely wounded himself somehow though cause he died in the hospital a few days later.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 01 Feb 2006, 13:39

I want to return to a serious and dignified discussion.
The criminal sciences and the forensic medicine know countless ways to suicide.
There is no difference between the so-called nazis and the rest of the world.
The thread seems to go talkatively. Let' s finish, the topic is not suitable for cracking jokes

Dieter Z.

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 01 Feb 2006, 15:14

Dieter Zinke wrote:I want to return to a serious and dignified discussion.
The criminal sciences and the forensic medicine know countless ways to suicide.
There is no difference between the so-called nazis and the rest of the world.
The thread seems to go talkatively. Let' s finish, the topic is not suitable for cracking jokes

Dieter Z.

With respect Dieter, I made the comments I did when this thread was originally opened in THE LOUNGE before it was moved to here - the same applies for Helly Angel. Obviously I know there are no place for jokes and hilarity in the research sections of the forum, bit if you see a thread called "Suicide Methods" in The Lounge then obviously you might assume the worst.

DAVID

MikaelSmith

Post by MikaelSmith » 08 Feb 2006, 11:40

August Hirt shot himself on June 2 1945, after leaving the University of Strasbourg.

I'm not sure whether or not Thilo killed himself, but the two deathdates associated with him are 05/13 1945 and 08/20 1947

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”