EL-träger Joachim Kirschner

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Mark V.

EL-träger Joachim Kirschner

Post by Mark V. » 01 Feb 2006, 14:05

Hello!

I'm looking for any details regarding the death of the Luftwaffe Oak Leaves holder Joachim Kirschner (Staffelkapitän 5./JG 3 "Udet"). According to Patzwall (Das Bandenkampfabzeichen) he was captured by partisans in Bosnia and was later found mutilated and executed.

Thanks

Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 01 Feb 2006, 16:37

That question came up recently here and I provided a large amount of information on him with details on his fate. I just looked for it using SEARCH but I couldn't find it.

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 01 Feb 2006, 19:19

Larry D. wrote:That question came up recently here and I provided a large amount of information on him with details on his fate. I just looked for it using SEARCH but I couldn't find it.
Thank you very much, Larry.
Nothing wrong with the Search function (this time). You've posted the info on the Feldgrau forum :) .
http://www.feldgrau.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17789

Best Regards
Marko

Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 01 Feb 2006, 19:34

Mark V. wrote:
Nothing wrong with the Search function (this time). You've posted the info on the Feldgrau forum.
YIKES!! My face is red. :? 8O

But I did think that might be a possibility. I was just too lazy to go over to Feldgrau and take a look. I've never used SEARCH on Feldgrau, so that was probably another reason. Anyway, I hope you got some information on Kirschner.

Cheers,

--Larry

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 01 Feb 2006, 19:42

Anyway, I hope you got some information on Kirschner.
Yes, I did. Thanks. That's a very nice piece of research comparing German and Yugoslav documents.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”