Can u help with this photo?

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
TALITHA

Can u help with this photo?

Post by TALITHA » 02 Apr 2006, 14:28

Hi all, Can anyone help with this photo.It is my wifes grandad. All we know is his name is Fritz. On the rear of the photo he has written that he was at Santa Maria on 09-02-43 which is where he sent the photo from. Can you work out the uniform or maybe tell what unit he would be with, anything really would be great.He was never introduced to his son as the girlfriend in question was of Austrian origin (if you know what I mean).Weve been told that it was a tragic love story but my wife and her father would love to know what really happened.
Attachments
scan.jpg
scan.jpg (38.99 KiB) Viewed 741 times

Miha Grcar

Post by Miha Grcar » 02 Apr 2006, 16:35

Perhaps this might help; http://194.242.233.149/ortdb/ortdb.php? ... &Zeilen=50 - all the units which were located in Santa Maria during the war. I'm a little confused by the dates you provided though.

He was in a Luftwaffe unit, judging from his uniform.

best,
Miha

TALITHA

Post by TALITHA » 02 Apr 2006, 19:28

Thanks for the reply just been on that link, i see what you mean about the dates, but then it only appears to state which units were there from when the allies invaded

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”