StuG III.Abt 667

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
SPEKTRE76

StuG III.Abt 667

Post by SPEKTRE76 » 17 Jun 2014, 01:33

[Split from "Unit emblems identification help"]

Hello gentlemen,

I know this is my very first post but I need help. I have created an emblem from StuG III.Abt 667. Everywhere I look it is a prancing unicorn (white) on a red shield. I know that Stab is white emblem and red, yellow, green are 1st - 3rd Batteries. Am I correct in my assumption?

Does anyone here know of any real photos of this emblem? I have seen two of them (artist renders) with the second one being of an earlier design with a white shield and just the unicorn head in black. I'm starting to think it is not even a unicorn at all and the emblem for the city of Westphalia?

Here is my render below, am I close?

Marcus

Re: StuG III.Abt 667

Post by Marcus » 22 Nov 2014, 15:01

(Split off into a thread of its own)

Alanmccoubrey

Re: StuG III.Abt 667

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 22 Nov 2014, 15:03

SPEKTRE76 wrote:[Split from "Unit emblems identification help"]

Hello gentlemen,

I know this is my very first post but I need help. I have created an emblem from StuG III.Abt 667. Everywhere I look it is a prancing unicorn (white) on a red shield. I know that Stab is white emblem and red, yellow, green are 1st - 3rd Batteries. Am I correct in my assumption?

Does anyone here know of any real photos of this emblem? I have seen two of them (artist renders) with the second one being of an earlier design with a white shield and just the unicorn head in black. I'm starting to think it is not even a unicorn at all and the emblem for the city of Westphalia?

Here is my render below, am I close?

Your rendition looks just like the one on Christoph's site so is fine by me.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/
Alan

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”