SS Rank Permissions [Help]

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
KaspeR

SS Rank Permissions [Help]

Post by KaspeR » 29 Jan 2015, 12:09

I was wondering the permissions of all the ranks in the Allgemeine-SS in the picture below, permissions meaning, what they can do since I'm very confused about how it works. (Example: Does a Oberscharführer need a Hauptscharführer's permission to patrol with a squad? Where does the Hauptscharführer get his orders from? Can he permit the Oberscharführer to patrol with his squad without asking? If I can get good research on this, it will be MUCH appreciated, thanks!

Need info from all ranks in this picture except Sturmscharführer

Marcus

Re: SS Rank Permissions [Help]

Post by Marcus » 29 Jan 2015, 17:16

:welcome:

Are you asking about the Allgemeine-SS or Waffen-SS? Considering that you talk about patrols Waffen-SS would make more sense but you write Allgemenie-SS.

/Marcus

KaspeR

Post by KaspeR » 30 Jan 2015, 03:14

Marcus Wendel wrote::welcome:

Are you asking about the Allgemeine-SS or Waffen-SS? Considering that you talk about patrols Waffen-SS would make more sense but you write Allgemenie-SS.

/Marcus
Well, who were the ones patrolling and keeping order in german-occupied towns? Waffen or Allgemeine?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 30 Jan 2015, 10:43

KaspeR wrote:Well, who were the ones patrolling and keeping order in german-occupied towns? Waffen or Allgemeine?
Neither normally. Waffen-SS were primarily front-line or anti-partisan troops and Allgemeine-SS did nothing like that, it did not exist much other than in theory during the war years and only in Germany proper.

/Marcus

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”