Who signed these SS-Germania and SS-Art.Schule 2 documents?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
BG21

Who signed these SS-Germania and SS-Art.Schule 2 documents?

Post by BG21 » 16 Feb 2015, 16:15

Also, can anyone give me information regarding SS-Art.Ersatz-Rgt. und SS-Art.Ausb. und Ersatz-Rgt. from 1942 until the war ends? Suchs as Btl. and Company Commanders, and Adjutants?

Also, any information on SS-Art. school 2, concerning Lehrgruppe B and the Lehrgangsleiter while with Walter Busgen? Also, in Feb 1944, who was the Kdr. Lehrgruppe 2 ? Lehrgangsleiter at the time?
Attachments
Proposal list to the SS Long Service Badge (SS - Standarte Germania).jpg
Proposal list to the SS Long Service Badge (SS - Standarte Germania).jpg (2.8 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Deduction 2nd SS artillery replacement regiment.jpg
Deduction 2nd SS artillery replacement regiment.jpg (3.03 KiB) Viewed 1036 times

Rob - wssob2

Re: Who signed these SS-Germania and SS-Art.Schule 2 documents?

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 16 Feb 2015, 17:48

Hi BG21, not to sound rude or impertinient, but it seems like with your multiple questions you're treating the forum like a free research service....

BG21

Post by BG21 » 25 Feb 2015, 15:16

Well that was pleasant, I've helped countless others identify their document signers and had trouble with a couple of my SS-Arty Replacement Unit docs in Munich and Prague and simply seek help as I have compiled a list of about 300 officers and soldiers in the units. I actually research historical documents for a living and after searching my books and researching for weeks used this 'friendly' like minded forum for historical enthusiasts as a last option. I don't sell, ONLY COLLECT, I participate in debates and would gladly challenge your knowledge against mine. If you couldn't help in regard to the question just ignore it and don't waste your time if you disapprove of my topic question.

Moniroth You-Bell
Banned

Post by Moniroth You-Bell » 26 Feb 2015, 04:34

BG21 mate, ignore the stupid comment by an unhelpful member, he seem to forget what's this forum is all about.

Also, your image attachment is toooooooooooooooooooooooooo small, we cant read it.

Rob - wssob2

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 26 Feb 2015, 05:04

BG21 mate, ignore the stupid comment by an unhelpful member, he seem to forget what's this forum is all about.
Actually Moniroth You-Bell, I have not forgotten what the forum is about at all - see the Section 6 on the Rules (http://forum.axishistory.com/app.php/rules)

"...In the research sections of the forum, we ask the posters to be reasonably well-prepared, and not ask others for information which they could easily get for themselves. The purpose of these sections of the forum is to provide a place where historical matters can be intelligently discussed. It is not a research service."

BG21 - I think if you had started your first post with the paragraph in your second post it would have provided some needed context.

You basically asked "us" (the collective AHF readership) to provide a three year unit history for a SS artillery training and replacement battalion plus its list of unit commanders for you. I'd suggest looking at the AHF or the lexicon der wehrmacht websites, Kurt Mehner's Die Waffen-SS und Polizei or Der Freiwillige/Siegrungen article as a starting point for history and commanders of the unit. Then post what you've found and readers can fill in the gaps.

Moniroth You-Bell
Banned

Post by Moniroth You-Bell » 26 Feb 2015, 05:35

define the area where historical matters can be intelligently discussed and not a research service. By your view, that means any members and new comers are afraid to ask any questions to which they are unfamiliar with, unsure of etc. It's people like you that would scared the pants of any members to just want to find out some basic questions.

I'm of the view of this forum being helpful to all members, not to discourage reasonable queries .

Also I WILL break your rule and will continue to ask any info on officers, NCO and enlisted men, be that their unit, awards, promotion, DOD,POB, POD etc. I'm sure you would define that as ""It is not a research service."

BG21

Post by BG21 » 03 Mar 2015, 03:27

I have searched books and websites for months and actually make a living at determining the signer of documents and translating. I came to the forum as a last resort and only tried to determine if anyone had helpful information beyond what I gathered. I only seek help in SS-Artillerie Schule B and Lehrgruppe B (a document signed by Walter Busgen and another member unknown). I also have Proposal list to the SS Long Service Badge (SS - Standarte Germania); it is 4th class and the signer is a Standartenfuhrer of SS-VT. Perhaps, to engage in an intellectual angle and follow Rule 6, section 7, code b, paragraph 4 for Rob we could list SS "Germania's" order of battle in 1940. Thank you for any help, I appreciate it.

BG21

Post by BG21 » 03 Mar 2015, 03:35

And Rob I only asked the questions I did concerning artillerie ersatz regiments, which if you knew about it the matter, narrows down the years to 1942-43 as it became SS-Art.Ausb.- und Ersatz-Rgt. soon after. Moreover I have about half the replacement names of the roughly 800 possible which took weeks to compile and only company Führers of 2.,10., and 11. have escaped me. In the meantime, feel free to discuss any topic with myself so I can show you I am capable of input as well as questions.

Rob - wssob2

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 03 Mar 2015, 04:59

Hi Moniroth You-Bell,
Also I WILL break your rule
It's not my rule, it's an AHF rule.

Hi BG21,
And Rob I only asked the questions I did concerning artillerie ersatz regiments, which if you knew about it the matter, narrows down the years to 1942-43 as it became SS-Art.Ausb.- und Ersatz-Rgt. soon after.
Ouch. Touchy and pedantic!

I know one thing that is always appreciated on the forum is clear explanations of German military terminology. Perhaps you could explain for us what Lehrgruppe B and Lehrgangsleiter mean in the context of an SS artillery training battalion. E.g.- if "Lehrgruppe B" means Training Group B, was there a Training Group A? And is "Lehrgangsleiter" best translated as "academic director" or "artillery instructor"?

You should also look at John Moore's Führerliste to find the company commanders for the companies you mention.

- R

BG21

Post by BG21 » 04 Mar 2015, 13:30

I assumed people who participate in this forum know the abbreviations and that SS-A.E.R. was in Munich mostly in late 42 and 1943 while SS-A.A. und E.R. was stationed in Prague mostly in 1944. Your response just came off as arrogant and somewhere between "we" don't have time for this nor do you belong in this forum. I recently helped someone in this forum, which is a place for ideas, discussions and questions, identify their document signer. I'm young and make mistakes but to me you seem the one out of place here but its in the past. Luckily, I speak German and purchased a book concerning the SS Artillerie Schools and replacement units since I came to the wrong place apparently. CHEERS MATE!

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”