Military History of the 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend"

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Chris Maggos

Military History of the 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend"

Post by Chris Maggos » 03 Aug 2015, 06:15

Hey Guys.

Let's create a entire threads about the military history of the 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend", and enjoy, explore, and discuss about the famed WW2 German Waffen-SS Division. It is an fascinating military history that the 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend", which they have such an well-known combat record of military service that goes beyond these extraordinary German male teenagers who had fought courageously.
Last edited by Chris Maggos on 03 Aug 2015, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

j keenan
Financial supporter

Re: Military History of the 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend"

Post by j keenan » 03 Aug 2015, 06:47

No it doesn't !!

Sheldrake

Post by Sheldrake » 03 Aug 2015, 08:50

Once upon a time there were three Billy Goats Gruff; Little Billy Goat, Middle Sized Billy Goat and Great Big Billy Goat........

Chris Maggos

Post by Chris Maggos » 03 Aug 2015, 09:52

Is that a British poem from an World War 2 British stanza during the Normandy Campaign, I think that's a good one to be feared and respected by the 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend", from the point of view of regular British soldiers.

Sheldrake

Post by Sheldrake » 03 Aug 2015, 10:06

There are several excellent resources which should be consulted before posting a question. One of them is the massive collection of previous forum posts and threads. At the top of the thread index page of many of the research sections of the forum, there are a series of announcements and research "stickies" which may be helpful. In addition, the forum has an excellent search engine of its own.
http://forum.axishistory.com/app.php/rules

There are already one or two extant threads on 12. SS HJ
They loved to eat sweet grass, but sadly their field was now brown and barren because they were greedy goats and they’d eaten every last blade of grass. But they were still hungry. In the distance they could see a field that was full of lush sweet scrummy grass, but alas there was only one way to get to it – over a rickety bridge over a stream.

Chris Maggos

Post by Chris Maggos » 03 Aug 2015, 10:22

That I understood about the German mentality of
combat from the mind of their brains, that made them more attuned to it mentally all tough and ready to fight. It was a good poem that I liked now because it showed imagery of poetry used in war.

Rob - wssob2

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 03 Aug 2015, 13:31

Maybe we can "enjoy, explore and discuss" the 12. SS-Panzer-Division's reprisal action at Ascq in 1944:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 2&p=467377

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 03 Aug 2015, 14:20

Chris Maggos wrote:Is that a British poem from an World War 2 British stanza during the Normandy Campaign,
No. It is a fairy tale that is about the creature that lives under the bridge the goats are trying to cross.

Chris Maggos

Post by Chris Maggos » 03 Aug 2015, 19:16

Thanks, I thought it was a WW2 British poem by British poets. But thank you for clarifying that as a fairy tale decipting about the 12. SS-PD "Hitlerjugend". What's the fairy tale called by the Germans or the British, I just didn't know what the fairy tale title was called. But it does fit the combat imagery of the 12. SS-PD "Hitlerjugend".

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 03 Aug 2015, 19:22

It has nothing to do with 12th SS or WW2. The main character is a TROLL. Google Billy Goats Gruff.

Chris Maggos

Post by Chris Maggos » 03 Aug 2015, 19:33

Rob - wssob2 wrote:Maybe we can "enjoy, explore and discuss" the 12. SS-Panzer-Division's reprisal action at Ascq in 1944:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 2&p=467377
Well, War crimes of the 12. SS-PD "Hitlerjugend", cannot be forgotten or caughted either because it teaches a warning to today's present military Infantry or armored divisions that reputation of all the entire military service have to be carefully judged, that is to learn from their mistakes and never kill the innocent civilians, but they have to be restrained by general's command of the rules of the warfare that was drew up by the Gevena Covention or the Hague Convention.

Chris Maggos

Post by Chris Maggos » 03 Aug 2015, 20:08

"Three Billy Goats Gruff"

Once upon a time there were three Billy Goats Gruff; Little Billy Goat, Middle Sized Billy Goat and Great Big Billy Goat........
They loved to eat sweet grass, but sadly their field was now brown and barren because they were greedy goats and they’d eaten every last blade of grass. But they were still hungry. In the distance they could see a field that was full of lush sweet scrummy grass, but alas there was only one way to get to it – over a rickety bridge over a stream.
"Three Billy Goats Gruff" is a Norwegian fairy tale.
The fairy tale was collected by Peter Christen Asbjørnsen and Jørgen Moe in their Norske Folkeeventyr, first published between 1841 and 1844. It has an "eat-me-when-I'm-fatter" plot (Aarne-Thompson type 122E).

Chris Maggos

Post by Chris Maggos » 17 Jan 2018, 22:33

Sorry, I have been through a lot of bad situation in my life. But I continue studying that 12. SS-Panzer-Division, and I do admit that war crimes was worse and damaged the reputation character of this well but became baised. It's a fascinating history about this division whose the LSSAH taught them to fight better, and during their combat and the end.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”