Finding Photographs of a Certain Unit (StuG.Abt.190)

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Finding Photographs of a Certain Unit (StuG.Abt.190)

Post by Jeff Leach » 22 Aug 2015, 10:41

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to find out what photographs are available for a specific unit. I have no idea how you would go about it.

I am translating some activity reports from Sturmgeschütz-Battaillon 190 (Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 190) from Operation Barbarossa and thought it would be interesting to find some Pictures of the unit if they exist. Searching the net and these forums turned up four photographs: one claims to be from the Ukraine in 1941, one looks more like the Balkan Campaign and the other two it was impossible to decide what year it was.

reinaart

Re: Finding Photographs of a Certain Unit (StuG.Abt.190)

Post by reinaart » 24 Aug 2015, 20:10

Hi, most available pics will have been auctioned on ebay at some point. It's probably best to post your request in the photo section of Wehrmacht Awards Forum because this board is frequented by photo collectors. I downloaded 6 pics of Stug. Abt.190 from ebay in 2013 (seller Koelsch 333). Three were taken at Jüterborg where the unit was raised and three were taken in France (one in Lure). You can still find a nice clear pic on ebay (Russia) if you search the expired Stug-photo auctions. You might contact the ebay sellers to find out who bought the pics on offer.

Regards,

Arjan

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”