Graveyard Bitburg Germany

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
TedjeX

Graveyard Bitburg Germany

Post by TedjeX » 31 Aug 2015, 22:49

I wonder why the names of the Waffen SS men are not mentioned in the register of the Deutsche Volks Bund.I saw some SS graves in Donnesbruggen(Kleve),also not in the register,at least i cannot find them.I saw on the stone:SS Mann Konr.Kaferlein(umlaut on the A)and SS Mann Werner Siebing.At Bedburg Hau there was a register with names in it.Eduard Ott(in the register called Otto).Most likely SS!
Does anyone know some answers on this?The Volksbund does not react on my mails.And what about the Waffen SS men in Bitburg?Not in the online registers.
Regards,
T

Wim

Re: Graveyard Bitburg Germany

Post by Wim » 12 Sep 2015, 20:42

I don't know how the organise the online register. There are indeed a lot of missing from excisting cemetaries (Lommel also).

I don't think that you can do something about it. If they wants it to happen it will if not well ....

Wim
Any information about Flemisch in German service (Waffen SS, OT, NSKK, Kriegsmarine, DRK, ...) during WWII is welcome.

TedjeX

Re: Graveyard Bitburg Germany

Post by TedjeX » 13 Sep 2015, 16:38

Tnx Wim!
I agree,
regards Ted

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”