501st and the Sturmgeschütz and Jagdtiger.

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
AK1966

501st and the Sturmgeschütz and Jagdtiger.

Post by AK1966 » 21 Apr 2016, 13:27

I'm looking to pull on the knowledge of the forum for some information.

I am trying to find out either an operation, or dates along with unit and formations of any Sturmgeschütz or Jagdtiger units that were either collocated or atleast in the same vacinity of the 501st heavy tank battalion.

My own research has drawn together the possibility of the 501st and either the 243, 244, 277, 280 or the 300 Sturmgeschutz Abteilung being together from the winter of 1944 onwards as part of the 4th Panzer Army.

I have also been told that the 501st Heavy tank battalion was part of the 3rd Panzer Regiment as part of the 10th devision at some stage.

I could have my information wrong here but was there a 2nd Devision also part of, or attached to the 10th.

Apparently there were Sturmgeschutz units in the 2nd Devision or was that the 2nd Sturmgeschütz devision being part of the 10th?

As for jagdtigers, I have no information what so ever.

Any help would be very helpful, thank you.
Andrew.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”