Nordzug / Bau-Lehr Bataillon zbV 800 in Norway 1940

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Skarpskytten

Nordzug / Bau-Lehr Bataillon zbV 800 in Norway 1940

Post by Skarpskytten » 26 May 2016, 20:32

I'm trying to understand what the "Nordzug" (mountain platoon) of the Brandenburgers where doing in Norway april to june 1940. Given that there are about one millon books written about the Brandenburgers, surley at least one of them has something to say on the subject? Anyone knows?

I'd like to find:

1) information on the TO&E of the Nordzug. It is told (on the WWW) that it was "actually of company strength", but I have also read that there were 41 of them, which seems more reasonable.

2) information on what they were doing in Norway. I know of an Unternehmen Carolus, on the west coast and on the Swedish border 5.4 to 12.4, but what did they do and was that all they did in Norway. (Source: Der Zweite Weltkrieg im Kartenbild : auf Grund von Lageatlanten und Einzelkarten des Oberkomandos der Wehrmacht, des Generalstabs des Heeres, der Seekriegsleitung, des Generalstabs der Luftwaffe und andrer Führungsstäbe : Bd. 2 : Weserübung : die Besetzung Dänemarks und die Eroberung Norwegens 9.4.-10.6. 1940 : ein Lageatlas der Operationsabteilung des Generalstabs des Heeres : Der Zweite Weltkrieg im Kartenbild Osnabrück : Biblio Verlag,Bd. 2, 1991)

I can read english, german and the scandinavian laguages.

Skarpskytten

Re: Nordzug / Bau-Lehr Bataillon zbV 800 in Norway 1940

Post by Skarpskytten » 25 Oct 2016, 09:55

I'll give this a bump.

Given that no one on this forum seems able to give an answer, I think I'll give it a shot on a german language forum. Which is the best one? I know of the lexikon der wehrmacht-forum, but I suppose there are more?

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”